Saturday 20 October 2012

Taking time to heal

I am totally at a loss for words today. Apprehension. No morning therapy with my meditation via You Tube. I feel like I have been cut off from the world. No Internet access and no one can figure out why. Torture is what it feels like. Are we all that reliant on the Internet that when we can't get it we don't know what to do? Certainly seems that way to me. What was life like before the Internet? When we did not have instant access to everything? When life was much simpler? When we shut down because everything was shut down? But now that we are so used to having to information 24 hours a day have we become information junkies?
Couldn't write my blog until I got to a place where I could access Wi-Fi which happens to be at my hair salon. People all around. Busy atmosphere but finding my escape writing while under the hair dryer. Trying to figure out what the Universe is trying to tell me. Why I was not able to write, meditate and do my normal routines this morning.
Or was I supposed to stay in bed because I am not really feeling my best, Scratchy throat. Congested nose. Cold building in the back of my throat and my husband telling me my eyes don't look right today. Is that the message that I am supposed to get? To switch everything off and take some time to take care of me. To listen to my body telling me it's nearly running on E. To listen to my mind telling me to rest for a bit.
Is that why the Internet failed on me yesterday so I would go to bed early rather than worrying about what's happening outside my world. Telling me to focus on me. On my inner health and well being. To make sure I am giving myself some time to heal. To restore to my best.
I am really feeling sluggish today but feel like I have to post to at least feel like I have accomplished something today. But at the end of the day who will I be helping if I can't help myself. If I can't heal myself who will I be healing?
So I think I will finish getting my hair done then go back to bed. To rest my mind, body and soul. To listen to my inner spirit telling me I need some down time. To take heed of the downed Internet as a sign telling me it's time to shut everything off and give myself time to decompress. To do nothing.
So here's to my healing time. I am signing off for now and hopefully by Monday morning I will be back to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment