Monday 15 October 2012

A weekend to remember with gratitude


Saturday in New York on a sunny day. Perfect temperatures. Wonderful breakfast at Sarabeth's in the Chelsea Market. A walk along the High Line Bridge. Gazing out over the city with my husband. An unexpected oasis in an unexpected location. Talking about thinking outside the box and transforming an old abandoned rail yard into a city garden. What an absolute treat. An illustration of how resilient nature can be.
 Later after walking all through the Chelsea area, we were starving and ended up in the Blue City Grill which was so outstanding. The lettuce wraps with lobster, crab, edamame and corn were to die for. The crab cakes better than any crab cake we had ever tasted.
And just when I thought the Universe had shined down on us enough, we boarded the train to the Barclay Center in Brooklyn to see a woman I have wanted to see in concert for as long as I can remember. Mrs. Barbra Streisand. I remember just a little over a year ago how upset I was when Oprah had Barbra on her show. The regret I felt I never had the opportunity to get on the show to be in the presence of two women I admire. I thought I had lost my opportunity to see her knowing how she does not like to perform live. But I was on my way to see her in person. A dream come true.
I was so anxious to get to the concert and did not want anything to go wrong so I was irritating my husband rushing ahead of him on the train. Leaving him behind in the line to get into the Barclay Center.  Nervous because I did not want to miss one second of the show. I was like a child in a candy store. So excited I couldn't contain myself.
Feeling so incredibly lucky to be granted a wish I had uttered to the Universe over a year ago. Grateful for the affirmation that when we are truly meant to have something, the Universe delivers it to us. Feeling goosebumps up and down my spine when Barbra walked on stage. Tears stinging my eyes. Happy I was fortunate enough to be living out a life long dream with my husband by my side. Feeling like we are on a wave of possibility together.
Sunday morning waking up with clouds and walking over to the Chelsea Market to have a wonderful brunch at The Green Table. My husband and I thoroughly enjoying our time together. Catching the ending of the Spanish parade that took over Fifth Avenue. Colourful costumes. Happy smiling faces. Uplifting music. All against a backdrop of clear blue skies. Clouds cleared. The  atmosphere festive. Everyone joyful.
Jumping in a cab to go to the Metropolitan Museum. Refusing to let the reckless cab ride railroad our spirits. Entering the Met with the intention of seeing the Andy Warhol exhibit but getting side tracked by 19th and 20th century European artists particularly Monet, Van Gogh, Picasso, Pissaro, to name a few. And being captivated by the detail of their work. Andy Warhol becoming secondary to them. Proving again that sometimes what we think we want is not exactly what we need and if we just go with the flow, we always end up where we need to be.
Capping the day off with walk through Central Park teeming with people taking advantage of the Spring like temperatures and sunshine. Feeling the love and in gratitude for our abundance.
Ending our weekend with dinner at Morimoto. Inhaling and exhaling.  A pure culinary delight. Food that excited our palette in every way. Knowledgeable and friendly staff. A wonderful and delightful end to a weekend of what began as a disappointment to one that ended with total awe and wonder. Full of love and abundance. An escape for my husband and me that went beyond our expectations and dreams. And for this wonderful weekend I am truly grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment