Friday 26 October 2012

Connected to the world again - hallelujah

This week has been an extremely challenging week because we had no access to the Internet. My husband finally got to the bottom of our problem yesterday after refusing to give up. And because of him, we are partially back up again using old fashioned remote dial in with a new cable provider of Internet service. I came home last night to new holes in the wall to allow the new cables into our home and a very satisfied husband. His computer up and running with the only access we have as a family to the Internet.
At first I was a little disappointed my computer was not connected because I so wanted to sit at my own desk, on my own computer, feeling the rhythm of my own keys as I type my blog but then I decided to just surrender to the moment. To allow my husband to savour his success. To feel proud of what he had managed to accomplish over nearly a week of trying to uncover the mystery of why we had been cut off from the Internet. To also give myself one more night of going to bed at a reasonable hour.
And when I did surrender I realised just how much I have to be grateful for. A husband who refused to take no for an answer from our previous Internet cabling company. Who is tenacious enough to keep going until he found a solution to our problem. Who is resourceful enough to have the tools to channel into the walls to allow the new cable through. And on top of that to be grateful we are once again connected to the outside world and it should not matter that we can't all access the Internet at the same time. Recognising we are moving in the right direction now and we are no longer stuck. Hallelujah.
Recognisng that sometimes we neglect to be grateful for all we have on a daily basis because we want so much more. Even if we have more than we thought we ever would. Just the morning before I was praying to get the Internet back. And last night we got it back. The Universe delivered on my prayer just not in the way I had expected. Proving to me that our prayers are always answered when they come from a place of certainty in our hearts but just not always the way we had envisioned.
So this morning I am sitting at my husband's desk typing my blog on a large screen. Not exactly as I had envisioned being back on my own computer. But acknowledging and accepting typing my blog this morning is a lot easier than it was for the past week.No more straining my eyes. No more damaging my nails on the tiny keyboard of my blackberry. No more getting frustrated when the touchscreen on my blackberry moves before I could finish a thought.
Gratitude flooding through me because of how easy it is to see the full screen of my thoughts and to have access to the Internet. Gratitude for being able to post more efficiently than I was able to without access to a large screen.
Shifting my mindset from scarcity to abundance and embracing the fact that I have so much to be grateful for from just the simple luxuries of having access to a full screen, a larger keyboard and Internet access again. Luxuries I had before but took for granted because they were a part of my everyday existence. But now recognizing just how important my every day luxuries are because without them I was lost. Knowing now to not take my everyday for granted. To appreciate every aspect of my everyday because each part of it is a luxury no matter how insignificant it may seem. And for these lessons and for having access to the Internet once again, I am truly grateful.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks so much. We're still not all the way back on yet. Sharing one computer and trying to figure out why the wireless won't work. My husband is beside himself with the amount of time it's taken to sort out this problem. But we're getting there.

      Delete