Thursday 13 October 2011

Travelling Day

Post is late because I spent the day getting prepared for travelling, travelling, arriving then shopping then manicure and pedicure so post is late. But what an interesting group of people I met today. More about that tomorrow.
Sometimes I wonder where I've been. Who I am? Do I fit in?
For some reason this song from my youthful days has been playing over and over again in my mind. It seems like a lot of us are experiencing emotional turmoil.I feel as if we are all in a major transition stage. Moving to a different level of consciousness.
I am so grateful someone with as much influence and enlightenment as Oprah has taken the initiative to guide us through this major shift. With her power, she is able to bring people like Eckhart Tolle, Cheyrl Richardson and others to our homes via her show, Facebook and Twitter, allowing us the opportunity to explore or reawaken thought processes we never knew we had or had suppressed. It is so important right now as many of us are searching for answers. Questioning why we are where we are today. How we find ourselves facing situations we never dreamed we would ever find ourselves facing.
Last week Saturday, I got up early and went to Sereni-tea to take part in a guided meditation. I have so many moving parts in my life right now that I wanted to find a place to force me to go within. To listen to my stillness. To quiet my mind.
After the mediation, I was quiet but still felt I was being bombarded by many differing thoughts, influences and fears. However what I realise more than ever is the mediation actually prepared me for this week of Oprah Lifeclasses. It allowed space in my mind to take in the messages that are being delivered so that I can really hear them.
With the people that are coming on the show talking about their experiences and even with Oprah talking about hers, I have received confirmation that I am doing the right thing by sharing on my blog. It is good for my spiritual growth because it is allowing me to address issues that I would not have if writing hadn't not forced me to explore them. Sometimes I question whether I am putting myself out there for people to criticize because I am exposing some of my greatest weaknessses and fears. But when I look at those faces on Oprah or get feedback from people who read my blog when they experience an Aha moment , I know I am on the right path.
I also know there are some people out there who will do anything to use my weaknesses against me and I know they will find some things to criticise me about. But through this growth process what I know for sure is if they are then it is their journey not mine. The sole purpose of me writing this blog is for my own growth and understanding and if I can help people along the way by sharing my experiences then my journey is made that much more rewarding and special.
If you are reading my blog, there is something that is pulling you back. Even if you think it's to keep tabs on me or criticise me, there is a reason for you to come back to my blog. And that's a good thing.
I always dreamed I would be a writer. And I am finally doing it. Not exactly the way I thought I would be writing but it does feel good to me just the same. And more importantly, what I know for sure is that every person, place or thing that comes into my life provides me with inspiration to write and explore more about me.
And very often, I will wonder who I am and if I fit in because that means I am moving to another level in my consciousness. And for recognising this gift I am truly grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment