Monday 17 October 2011

Life truly is wonderful

Waking up this morning in my own bed with my daughter wrapped around me and my husband snuggled in on the other side of me was absolute bliss!
To add magic to the moment, once I got out of bed and looked outside, I was blown away by the natural beauty that surrounds me on a daily basis. The Golden Shower tree laden with yellow flowers was swaying side to side in the gentle breeze. My daughter’s cute little pink Bermuda cottage style playhouse (which she rarely uses now) standing grandly in the midst of the greenery reminded me of something you would expect in a Secret Garden. The lushness and maturity of the trees took my breath away.
As I was marvelling at the magic, the birds started chirping and I watched the dainty little chick of the village birds fluttering throughout the trees. Slivers of sunlight dazzled through sending shimmers all over the yard. I felt like I was having an out of body experience as I was infused with so much joy from the spectacular morning show.
I took a deep breath, inhaled the freshness of the morning, revelled in its peace, and then gave thanks for the blessings I have in my life already. The simple wonders of nature that surround me every morning that I take for granted took me by surprise this morning because I had not seen my home for a few days having just returned the night before from New York City.
Don’t get me wrong, I love New York City. It is one of my favourite places to go to feel the vibe of different people of all walks of life. It has energy like no other city but it is not a place where I wake up in the morning marvelling at the scenery.
As a matter of fact I remember waking up one morning, looking outside and thinking of Gotham City, Batman’s place, because my view consisted only of other buildings. Tall buildings that obscured the light deceivingly so because I felt I was in constant darkness until I looked up. It was when looking up that I could see a perfect blue sky but the splendour of the skies and sunshine is not as immediate as it is here in Bermuda.
My Island home greeted me with a picture perfect day today reminding me that I have so much to be grateful for even on those days when I feel otherwise or I take for granted the beauty I am constantly surrounded by. A beautiful yellow butterfly fluttered past my window as I was typing as if nature was sending me a message to say thank you for appreciating it.
Happy to be home. Grateful for all that I have. Appreciating the beauty naturally on display outside my windows. Life truly is wonderful...

No comments:

Post a Comment