Friday 21 October 2011

I surrender all

“I surrender . I surrender. I surrender all.”
Yesterday was one of those days when I was bombarded from everywhere about so many different things that people wanted me to do, needed me to do. I felt so out of control because I was so busy trying to fit everyone else’s demands into my life. My head was spinning.
I decided I needed to go to Yoga just to centre myself again. I needed to shut down all the outside chatter that had found its way inside my head. I needed to focus on my internal voice, my inner compass to let me know what decisions I had to make and which ones I had to leave alone.
As I was driving in, the song and the voice of Oprah Winfrey kept popping into my head, “I surrender, I surrender, I surrender all.” I looked up at the sky and realised that I was getting a message from the Universe to tell me to just let it all go and surrender to whatever was meant to happen next. I was being told to stop resisting, stop clouding my judgement and just trust in the Higher Power.
I thought back to the Oprah show when she talked about how she so desperately wanted to be in The Colour Purple movie that she was made herself sick from worry. It got to the point where the worry was consuming her so much that she was neglecting other aspects of her life. One day while out running around the track, she started singing, “I surrender . I surrender. I surrender all.” She repeated the song over and over again as tears rolled down her cheeks. It was in that moment that she realised no matter how much she tried to force the outcome, it would only happen if that was where she was meant to be. So she surrendered to the Power of the Universe. Shortly thereafter she learned that she had the part.
When I walked into the Yoga class, I went immediately to the Yogi message of the day book to help me set my intention for the class. Lo and behold the message was about the importance of surrendering to the Divine Plan. I knew instantly that I had to just let it all go. Even thought it was difficult to give up control of what I was meant to do, I set my intention for the class to do just that. With each salutation and pose, I felt myself becoming more and more connected to my centre. I felt my mind, body and soul slowly reconnecting with each other. I felt the pressure and tension oozing out of my pores.
When we did the final relaxation stage at the end of class, I felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders as visions of where I was meant to be flashed through my mind. I knew then that all I had to do was to surrender all to the Divine Plan. When the meditation was done, I opened my eyes and was amazed by how everything around me seemed less sharp, softer yet more focused and I knew I had received the message from the Universe.
I walked out of the class totally surrendering to the Divine Plan. Everything fell into place for the day thereafter because I was able to deal with whatever came my way from a point of love and light rather than fear and darkness.
And for this lesson I am truly grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment