Thursday 26 December 2013

Why I love holidays

I love holidays. Especially those ones when I have nothing to do but be who I am and where I am. No pressure. No routines. No schedules. Nothing to do but be in my pjs all day if I want. Such a luxurious feeling. Like today. I feel so rich today. So enriched I should say. Because I have made no demands on myself except to relax and to just go with the flow. Be in the flow.
It's amazing how free we can feel when we allow ourselves to stop. When we allow ourselves to just be. It is such a liberating feeling. Such a peaceful feeling.
This morning I lay in bed listening to the rain coming down. Listening to the birds chirping. I thought about getting up to write my blog. Thought about people who would be looking for it early and I have to admit I did feel a twinge of guilt . But then I just let go. Let go of the expectation. Let go of the guilt and closed my eyes and snuggled back into my daughter who had come into my bed burying my face in her head of curls and allowed myself to drift back into dreamland. Falling into a deep sleep.
When I woke up I was amazed to see some 3 hours had passed so obviously my body needed the rest. Obviously I needed the rest. And I felt so rested. So peaceful. I lay in bed for a little longer listening to life happening all around me. Thinking about all the things I have to be grateful for. Thinking about the wonderful family day of Christmas I had had the day before.
Thinking about my 84 year old dad looking younger than he has for some time enjoying seeing his family and being with us. Thinking about how quickly life passes us by particularly when we are constantly putting pressure on ourselves to be somewhere and to do something rather than just stopping sometimes. Sleeping sometimes. Resting sometimes.
And that's why I love holidays so much. Particularly holidays when it is raining outside and there is no pressure to be anywhere except where I am. No need to be anything but who I am. When there is no need to get gussied up and I can stay in my pjs if I want all day. And who knows it may be a marathon Scandalous day too. But for now I am just going to go with the flow and see where it takes me. Not resisting. Not expecting. No demands. No routines. No pressure. Just being…
Hopefully you will have one of those days too where you take the time to just be you. Reconnecting with your core self. Letting it rest and be too. Peace and blessings.























No comments:

Post a Comment