Tuesday 17 December 2013

The dichotomy of life

Some days I am in the rhythm
Some days I am in the groove
Some days I feel like I can move mountains
Some days I feel like singing and dancing at the top of my lungs
Some days I believe in miracles
Because I accept I am a miracle
Some days there is nothing that can stop me
Other days I feel still
Like a rock
Like a heavy burden is weighing me down
Like someone is holding me back
I can’t shake the feeling
The tiredness
The aggravation
The place of in between
And then I stop and listen
Listen to the stillness
The quietness
Tugging at the noose around my neck
And I know it is up to me
To shift from the place of dread
To take me to the place where I feel I belong
The place where I feel wanted and needed
The place of abundance
But in doing so I respect the days
When I feel low
As much as I appreciate the days when I feel high
Because without one I would know no other
To be on a constant high no matter what
Means I am not pushing myself
Not bursting through my boundaries
Not challenging myself
And then I wonder why I feel like I am in the doldrums
Why everything is so mundane
Easy and boring
So I am always pushing
Seeking
Trying
And sometimes I go down a path that takes me back to the doldrums
While other times I am on a path of gold and diamonds
But what I am learning most of all is that I get the greatest satisfaction
When I do
Rather than speak
When I serve
Rather than criticize
When I contribute
Rather than sitting on the sidelines complaining
So I accept the days of darkness
And welcome the days of light
They are both necessary parts of my growth
My existence
My life
And for the good and bad days
I am truly grateful
Because it means I am alive
And breathing
And living
The dichotomy of life
Light and dark
Dark and light

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment