Wednesday 4 December 2013

The beauty of the earth through its extremes

We are truly being treated to the beauty of the Earth we inhabit by witnessing its extremes. Violent rainbows one minute. Beautiful double rainbows the next. Heavy winds followed by calm. Cold temperatures followed by perfect temperatures.
Double rainbows after violent rainstorms gracing our sky to show us after every storm there is always the peace and calm and the beauty of a rainbow. Or two. Something to focus our eyes upon. Something to let us know no matter what there is always something to be grateful for. Always something to wake up for in the morning.
Like the weather, yesterday morning was one of those extreme mornings for me when I was feeling overwhelmed by the darkness and struggled to get myself going. But when I decided to change my mindset and smile, everything around me changed. Felt different. More promising. Everything felt possible. Everything felt reachable. Nothing felt unattainable.
As I was driving my daughter to school, something told me to look up in the sky and there it was faintly at first, the beginnings of a rainbow. I was so excited that I told my daughter to look at the rainbow. At first she didn’t see it because it was so faint so I told her to focus and then she spotted it with excitement as well. As we got closer to her school, the rainbow became more pronounced. More colourful. A bigger part of the sky. Opening itself up for everyone to see. Commanding our attention.
For me the sight of a rainbow always conjures up magic. Always makes me feel there is so much more out there waiting for me when I take the time to observe the world we live in. When I look at my surroundings with appreciation. My smile grew larger on my face. My discontent displaced.
As my daughter was getting out of the car and I had a moment to reflect, that’s when I saw the other rainbow right behind the first one – this one faint as well. But there nonetheless. And I felt so full. So full of life and all its possibility. So full of joy to know in the black heavy clouds, there stood not one but two rainbows showing me that no matter what there is always magic and possibility in the air because I am a part of the greater whole as are the storms and the rainbows. And when I understand I am much more than my physical body, the struggle does not feel as overwhelming. Instead I know it will only last for as long as I allow it to because just like those rainbows that spread across the dark clouds, I understand there is beauty in everything. And I can either focus on the dark black clouds or I can focus on the rainbow that forms as a result. I know which one makes me feel better so the choice is mine to make.

In gratitude to nature for showing me there is so much beauty and abundance that no matter where I find myself, it is up to me to shift my consciousness to see and feel them. And more importantly to be them. And I too will form rainbows after every storm. Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment