Wednesday 25 December 2013

Greetings and Blessings 2013

Merry Christmas to my family and friends near, far and wide.
What a wonderful day of celebration, reverence and remembrance. Christmas Day when hearts are filled  as full as they possibly can be. When trials are set aside for this sacred day. When love abounds as much as it can.
I have always loved Christmas even during those years when I got absolutely nothing from anyone and there were many of those years because what I love about Christmas is the feeling of giving in the air. The feeling of oneness and spirit. The feeling of possibility. The magical feeling that dances throughout our land. Weaving the angels and invisible forces together - awakening them so they are shimmering for me to see.
This year for the first time in a long time Christmas is wet and grey in Bermuda. Rain that looks like snow because of how fine and slow it is falling is the view for us on this Christmas morn. The sun is absent. The light is dull but still my heart and soul feel so full, so grateful for the love and joy I feel in my home.
The quietness of the morning. The anticipation as we waited for our children to get up. Watching the clock from 5am. Thinking where are they? And then they come bursting through. Our daughter first. Jumping on the bed between us. Her face pressed against ours. Followed by our son. Hanging in the background.
And then we are all up. The atmosphere electric. Our home now filled with the excitement and laughter of our children for the gifts they received.
A quiet moment when they become immersed in their surprises as my husband and I exchange on Christmas morn gifts - a first since we became parents as we normally wait to the night of Christmas to exchange our gifts to give our children the day. But they are growing up now and the gifts are fewer but well thought out.
Looking around my home and feeling such gratitude for the man I chose to spend my life with, the children we have created together, our home we are creating together, the life we have created, are creating together.
Christmas is always a sentimental time for me because it is a time when life lets me know it is meant to be lived and shared and appreciated. And on this today I have no qualms with letting the light of my love shine. To rejoice in my creation and all that I am creating to help to make my world and this world a better place.
So I am signing out on this Christmas morning with joy  and gratitude in my heart for all that I am, was and ever will be. For being a woman, wife and mother. For the paths I have taken that have led me to where I am today and the paths I am taking and will take.
From our home to yours, may your Christmas Day be blessed in whatever way it needs to be blessed even for those who are suffering and in pain, there is light at the end of the tunnel. Just keep living, loving and showing gratitude for whatever comes your way or is in your way because you are being directed to the place you need to be.
Peace, love and great tidings from our home to yours. Merry Christmas in the name of the Divine.

No comments:

Post a Comment