Tuesday 24 December 2013

My #writing mind

Last night I was at a lovely gathering of friends and people brought together by one woman and her husband to celebrate the holiday season when I was asked if I knew what I was going to write for today. To which I responded I have no idea. My ritual in the morning is to meditate first and then let the first sentence that comes to my mind after my meditation take me where I need to go. Without expectation, question or doubt.
I went to bed thinking about my conversation with my friend who has coined me as her morning coffee and woke up with it on my mind as well. I then went into meditation with it and came out with conflicting sentences because I realized that subliminally I always know what I am going to write because life is my muse. Life is my storyline and each person, event and thing that resonates with me on some subconscious level becomes my writing subject, becomes my vehicle for exploration and creation.
But this morning and last night I was thinking too hard about writing. Thinking too hard about what to put on paper to impress the friend who asked me about writing and whether it is easy to write every single day. And what I realized is when I over think what I am going to write. When I try to impress. When I try to force. All I do is stymy my creativity. Stymy the voice inside that leads my fingers as I type. Stymy my flow.
But when I let go and just go with the most dominant thought in my head and allow it to flow through me, I know I am writing from that sacred place that ego, expectation and direction have no place because that place is infinite, sacred and abundant.
And when I appreciate going to that place and express my gratitude for having found access to that sacred space by allowing it to take me where I need to go, there is no thought, no direction, no expectation, it is what it is and I am where I am meant to be. Like the river flowing through the mountain – meandering, twisting, turning – sometimes rapid, sometimes calm. Sometimes without a ripple and sometimes full of ripples. I become one with the Universe. The Force.  And I surrender. Surrender it all to all it all to flow through me.
Allowing me to accept writing is my release. My connection to the all that is, was and ever will be and because I know this I have faith that I will write the message I am meant to hear, write and share.

And for my friend who calls me her morning coffee,  thank you for helping me to remember my gift of writing. My call to serve and to share through my Journey of Love and Light with amazing grace. Peace and blessings to you. Namaste. 

No comments:

Post a Comment