Monday 23 December 2013

In reverence to #Oprah Winfrey and #Supersoulsunday

Last night I was trolling Facebook and that’s when I came across a SuperSoul Sunday where Oprah had pulled together the best of her guests’ responses to some questions she believes to be important and I was so glad I found it and watched it. And once I did, I knew I had been led back home. To my truth.
I understood why I love Oprah again and why she is such a strong and necessary force for our human race – spiritual race. She uses her power and her wealth to help us to shift our consciousness. She reaches out like the pure energy force she was sent here to be and draws those who are ready to hear the voice of the Divine. Those who are ready to be the change agents we were sent here to be and it matters not whether we meet in person. It just matters that together we are giving and receiving the messages of love and light. The messages we as individuals are meant to spread about hope, faith and love to bring us back to the whole.
To me, Oprah is one of the greatest because she uses her immense resources to help to facilitate that process through the power of the Internet. Knowing the Internet is the physical representation of our spiritual interconnectedness and for Oprah I am truly grateful.
So on this dark Monday morning before the rise of the sun, I extend to you some of the gems that touched my heart and soul from Supersoul Sunday.

“I have risked everything to just tell the truth. Telling the truth is not just what you say, it’s how you show up. Being your truth. “ India Arie

“When I am in myself – I am at peace with you. When I know I am centred, I’m all right. Now when I lose it, faith trembles and slides away and for that moment I am dangerous and in danger…” Dr. Maya Angelou

“God – ALL. There is no place that God is not.” Dr. Maya Angelou

“I refuse to define God. God cannot be defined ..De finis – cannot limit by defining we limit. God is always greater than we can imagine or think.” Karen Armstrong

“Rather than finding heaven on earth,  we are asked to release heaven by living on earth.” Mark Nemo.

“Of what use and bridge can I be.” Mark Nepo

“God gives us 3 answers, 1. Yes, 2. Yes but not right now. 3. No, I have something better in store for you.” Kerry Washington

“The world needs more love.”

“The world needs authentic beings to have the courage to be who they are.” Mark Nepo

“We are not the centre of the Universe. Neither ourselves as individuals. Nor our nation. Nor our culture. We are all equal. All God’s children. We will either live or stand together or we will fall.” Karen Armstrong.

Those quotes and many more are the reason I am grateful for Oprah Winfrey and her OWN because they are providing a global platform for spirituality and interconnectedness. A touchstone to remind us we are not alone. Nudging us to remember there is always someone or something beside us as we are all a part of the whole.
Taking me back to a quote I read today in my meditations for Living in Balance, that said,
“The secret of balance is knowing both our somethingness and our nothingness. Each snowflake is unique and individual unto itself – a very special creation. Together, all these tiny special creatures become a heavy snowfall capable of great beauty and of great destruction.
“Yet as snowflakes are absorbed into the vastness of the sea, the individuality that was their uniqueness becomes an important part of the greater whole, resulting in a magnificent silence.
“So it is with us! As we know and value our uniqueness, we also have the possibility of melding into and becoming part of the all-that is.
“Through our uniqueness, we become part of the whole.”
And Ms. Oprah helps us to remember and for her I am truly grateful. In reverence to a great woman who understands her somethignness and nothingness. Namaste



No comments:

Post a Comment