Saturday 28 December 2013

In gratitude to a little blue bird

This morning when I woke to the sound of wind and rain again, I immediately felt a wave of gloominess wash over me. I felt like I had had enough of this windy and rainy weather and it was time for the sun. I needed the sun. I was looking forward to the weather improving,. To there being light in the day.
So instead of getting up, I lay in bed thinking about why this weather will not let up. Why we have been shrouded in clouds of grey for the last few days? I didn't want to move. Didn't want to get up despite being wide awake. My body, limbs, mind and spirit felt weighted down by the heaviness of the weather outside.
And then when my body could not take being horizontal anymore,  I got up and came into the office, opened the blinds so I could see outside. Somehow pull, however limited the light is outside, inside. I sighed a heavy sigh when I saw the trees being pushed around by the wind. The rain drizzling down. The sky grey. Not a hint of blue anywhere. Just greyness and dullness.
I then sat at my new old space again and looked outside once more and this time I saw it there in plain sight. Waiting for me to see - my gift from the Universe. My treasure.  The answer to my questioning - a little blue bird perched on a branch delicately balancing itself as the wind buffeted the branch he was on. Sitting majestically giving me the hint of blue I was looking for. There before my eyes. Not in the way I expected. Not in the sky but in the color of the blue bird.
Chills ran up and down my spine as I felt possibility course through me. I felt at peace with the way the weather is, with the way things are right now because I understood with great certainty we are always answered. We are always given what we ask for. Maybe not in the way we expected. Maybe not in the way we wanted. But we are always given what we need and that little bird with its bright blue feathers was there to remind me that even on my darkest days, even on those days when I am feeling the weight of my trials, I am always given answers, clues, gifts from the Universe. But only when I take the time to stop, to look, to listen and to be grateful for everything and everyone that comes by way because they are all in the Divine Plan and they are necessary for the unfolding of my life.
And for that tiny little blue bird that sat atop that branch until I saw him, felt him, and acknowledged his presence, I am truly and utterly grateful.

And just like that the day does not seem as grey. Nowhere near as gloomy. Nowhere near as dreadful.  I see more light in this day. More possibility awaiting me as I inhaled and exhaled the All with absolute delight to know I have been spoken to and am being spoken to all the time. It’s just up to me to be aware and to be open with gratitude and grace. Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment