Saturday 14 December 2013

A lesson from a tangled earring

There are lessons in everything we do particularly in what we consider to be our most mundane, everyday tasks as they are in actuality reflections of who we are. How we truly see our lives unfolding. They are indicators of what is inside of us.
So when we take the time to listen and take heed, to observe what we are doing, being present, we see in every single thing, there is a lesson for us.
Take this morning, I was trying to get an earring out of a tangle of jewelry in my jewelry box. And I struggled for a few minutes trying to free the earring from the mess. Getting frustrated by the minute because I really wanted to wear those earrings. I was about to give up and in making the decision to let go, suddenly the earring came loose. Just like that. Free in my hand. Unbelievable I thought at first. And then I realized it was not unbelievable.
I stood there for a few seconds staring at the earring and the tangled mess that had fallen back into my jewelry box and realized I was being given a life lesson that I had been dismissing. When I stop fighting against what is meant to be, when I let go and let the Universe give me what is meant for me, without struggle, resistance or frustration, the tangled mess I feel I am in will give way to the treasure that is meant for me.
I looked at myself in the mirror. Stared at the reflection of who I am staring back at me and told myself, my life is unfolding as it should and all I need do is live it as it resonates with me. Live it to the fullest. Not worrying about tomorrow or what is beyond my reach but to enjoy every aspect of it even those things that don’t feel comfortable or good that come my way because they are the mess that is tangling me to distract me from what I know feels good on the inside. What calls my name.

So all I am meant to do is to be present to receive the guidance of the universe, the sound of my inner voice and be grateful for everything that comes my way as my earring showed me this morning. Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment