Saturday 30 November 2013

A routine procedure reminds me about living

Yesterday morning I went into the hospital for a routine procedure. On the way to the hospital my husband asked me if I was nervous about what was about to happen. I told him I was not because it is what it is and what was meant to be was unfolding with each step we were taking to get to the hospital, the procedure and the aftermath. I had called on all my guides the night before to ask them to allow to unfold what was meant to unfold and then I surrendered to them, to the procedure and to life itself.
As I undressed and sat on the bed waiting to be rolled into the operating room, I looked out the window at the changing day, the sun dueling with the clouds to shine as they hid it often. I watched the leaves of a palm and another feathery trees dancing in the wind and I knew whatever the outcome was going to be it was going to be as the Divine Plan had ordained. That it was what it was. I felt a peace wash over me as I once again summoned all my guides to allow me to accept what was unfolding. I sat and watched life continuing outside the window. People being discharged from the hospital as their loved ones came to pick them up. Nurses bustling back and forth. The sun out one minute. Hidden the next.
But being in a hospital, held in the back of my mind that somewhere someone was saying goodbye to someone they loved as they slipped back into the eternity – the place from which we all come and the place to which we all go when we leave our physical bodies.
I wondered if yesterday was going to be my last day on Earth would I honestly be pleased with where I am in my life and it was at that moment that I knew I was being sent a sign to embrace my life as much as I can because I have less days ahead of me than I had behind me. Life is short and sweet and it is entirely what we make it.
As I was thinking that thought, two nurses came into my little area and told me how peaceful and beautiful I was. My first reaction was to dispel their statement as folly but I did not because I knew what I was projecting was a woman at peace with where my life was at that moment and my whole being was exuding that despite not having on makeup, earrings and a fab outfit – the trappings I feel I need to go out into the world to be presentable. Instead what I was projecting at that moment was a part of my deeper inner soul and that’s what the nurses were reacting to – the peace and beauty and acceptance that was coming from deep within me and the guides that were on the journey with me.
When I was wheeled into the operating room, the nurse who was inserting the needle for the IV said I was totally dehydrated and my veins were not good for the needle. She tried and burst through a vein causing me great pain but again I accepted it for what it was. She apologized profusely but I told her it was no problem.
And then when the doctor came in to put in the IV and it worked I surrendered again to the process and before I knew it I was awake and back in the recovery room. Again surrounded by nurses telling me how beautiful I was. The old me would have dismissed them but the new me took them comments on board because I was so thankful that all went well and I had come back unscathed from my journey to the other world. I was being given another chance to be with my family and to live my life.

And when I dressed and sat waiting for my husband to pick me up, I looked out the window and saw the same trees bending and dancing in the breeze as if time had stood still. As if the world had stopped and waited for me to return but I knew it had not. It was just a perception because life never stands still. It is always moving forward, always changing as are we. As should we. Feeling truly blessed to be here for more living. Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment