Friday 29 November 2013

Gratitude and thanksgiving for the power of the Internet

Yesterday was one of those beautiful days when social media helped to raise the consciousness of the world through many wishing others a Happy Thanksgiving. When many posted what they were thankful for, grateful for - which in its own self helps to change the vibration of the world we live in. When we express gratitude for how we are and what we are experiencing, we subconsciously center ourselves and focus us on what is important in our lives. Often taking us back to the basics, the fundamentals that make us appreciate the simple things in life. The things we overlook because we expect them to happen everyday such as breathing, waking up, seeing another wonderful day. Being given the gift of time one more time.
As I have said before, the power of the Internet, of social media helps to heighten our awareness of how interconnected we all are. It is the living proof that we are all experiencing similar things in life by what is posted on Facebook, Instagram, Google, tweeted on twitter or whatever media people choose to show who they are and what they are thinking.
And often when we share, we touch someone somewhere who is experiencing a similar thought, fear, or thanksgiving. Helping to validate each other so that we know we are not facing our trials and tribulations all alone. Instead letting us know we are connected to someone somewhere in the world.
Yesterday was one of those days when I was truly glad I joined social media because it showed me just how wonderful it is to be part of a network that can bring much joy. Sure there are times when there are posts that make me shiver, cringe or I wish I had not seen. But that’s the beauty of social media , I can choose to ignore the comments and move on to the ones that resonate the most with me. Illustrating for me the same about the energy of people that I encounter, if it does not resonate with me. Instead of complaining about how they make me feel or do not feel, it’s up to me to move away from their space and move into the space of those whose energy inspires me, encourages me, and lets me know I am not alone on my journey. That I am connected in more ways than I will ever know through the thoughts of those who can help me.
And for the power of the Internet and social media, I say thank you because I am able to be in touch and hear the gratitude from friends and people who I may have lost or may have never met. Thank you for showing your gratitude yesterday and helping to serve the world by expressing acts of kindness and helping to brighten my day as I am sure you did for many others.

Life is about sharing, giving, serving to make us better people and our world a better place. Yesterday was one of those joyful days when many served each other by lifting the vibrational level to one of thanksgiving. And for the power of gratitude and social media serving as a physical reminder of how interconnected we all are, I am truly grateful. Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment