Saturday 23 November 2013

A Saturday morning gift

I love Saturday mornings. Now that I have learned to relax. Not to rush about. Not to feel guilty about having a sleep in. To just be. To inhale deeply and exhale slowly. To snuggle under the warm blankets on my bed. Sneaking in the extra time to sleep.
I particularly love Saturdays mornings when the light of the day penetrates through my sleeping eyes waking me out of my sleep. Nudging me with its dazzling light. Like diamonds flickering through my closed lids. Touching the light deep within me that matches the light of the outside. Awakening me gently so that I can see, feel and be a part of the new day.
I love opening my eyes slowly and seeing the light casting shadows through the closed blinds. The silhouettes of the trees and leaves like little fairies dancing on the blinds. The black against the white. The light against the dark. I love knowing and feeling there is a place for light and dark in our worlds. A place and time for everything. And neither is bad but rather an opportunity for us to respond and react to them in such a way that we can learn from them. To appreciate the opportunity to learn from them.
I love getting out of bed slowly when my body wills me to get out of bed and opening the blinds to let all of the light stream through my windows. The windows in my bedroom perfectly framing the large avocado tree directly outside my windows. Filling my vision and my soul with greenery so lush I drink in the feelings of abundance, gratitude and plenitude that flow through me. Causing my insides to tingle with love and joy. Letting out a huge sigh because I am so full.
I love going back to bed and pretending it is just me and this vision of nature in the world and all we have is each other. For a moment blocking out all my worries and concerns and instead feeling like the queen of my destiny. Me against the world. Realising it is not me against the world but me as a part of the world. That the tree, the sunshine, the birds singing, the rest of my household, everything in this world and I are all connected. Molecule to molecule. Atom to atom. Particle to particle. Dust to dust.
We are all a part of this world and we must not take each other for granted but honour each other for choosing to be in the space we have chosen to be in together at the same time. Because we are together to support each other. To assist each other to move forward in life. To share this space. Not by coincidence but by choice.
I love Saturday mornings because I have learned that life is not about being busy and harried and trying to please everyone. Life is about living the way we envision. The way we feel the most comfortable  - with the people and places that make us feel comfortable. And to know there is nothing wrong with sometimes being alone with our thoughts as I am this morning. This lazy beautiful Saturday morning enabling me to feel grateful for who I am and what I came here to be. Just from taking my time to be grateful for allowing myself to be woken up this morning by the dazzling light of the new day dawning. The avocado tree filling me with abundance and knowing I had to be nowhere but where I am.

What an absolute and unexpected delight this morning. Happy Saturday with gratitude, grace and peace. Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment