Tuesday 26 November 2013

The gift of gratitude

Lately lots of doors have been opening for me in life. Doors I did not even know existed. Doors I knew existed but never thought they were for me to enter. But life has chosen to show me its abundance because I have learnt to appreciate everything and everyone that crosses my path.
I am learning following every rainstorm, there will be a beautiful rainbow after. And if I am patient enough sometimes two. Sometimes multiples.
I am learning after every dark and dreary day, I will be blessed by the sparkling and shimmering drops of rain yet to leave the flowers and trees. The sunshine brighter than I would have seen without the darkness and greyness of the day.
I am learning after every storm, I will feel fresh and new air after the stale and heavy air has been blown away by the storm. Allowing me to inhale deeply and exhale slowly.
I am learning to be patient. To not rush what is not meant to be rushed. To follow my instincts and sometimes to be silent until it is time to act. To surrender to the unknown while at the same time being grateful for the unknown rather than fearful of it.
I am learning that every opportunity that crosses my path is an opportunity for me to understand what I do not want and to wait for what I do want. That it is not necessary to grab everything that comes my way believing it may not come my way again.
I am learning that sometimes something will come my way to test me to see if what I have been asking for is really what I want and then when I surrender it back to the Universe with gratitude and grace, something more in tune with who and what I am comes my way.
I am learning not to force anything that leaves me feeling unsettled and to adopt the abundance mentality rather than the scarcity mentality. And that way I do not cling onto everything at the expense of those who could truly benefit. Not to hoard but to share. Not to hinder but to empower. Recognizing that in order to receive more, I have to share what is available for me to others as well. And when I do, the doors of opportunity open even more.
I am learning that life touches us in exactly the way we touch it. So I am learning my daily practice of being grateful is helping me to understand that gratitude is the only way to abundance because gratitude cements me to the fact that everything and everyone passes my way either to show me what I want or what I do not want. And for their passing regardless of how prickly it may be, I am learning to be truly grateful in just the way I am grateful for those who bring me joy.  Because I am learning from them to be appreciative of who I am and why I came to be.

Not to shrink from life but to live it as fully as I can. And for the gift of gratitude, I am truly grateful. Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment