Friday 21 December 2012

@December 21, 2012


December 21, 2012. We are still here. Living. Breathing. Enjoying another day as human beings on our beautiful planet called Earth. I have to admit I was a bit worried about whether we would come to an end today but then surrendered my fear to the Universe. Accepting that if today is our last day on Earth at least I am with my family enjoying some downtime in New York. Grateful for having another day. Experiencing the wonders of nature, people and discovering the new.
Not even the grey, dull, rainy day outside is deterring me from enjoying the fact that we as a human race we have been spared to enjoy our time here on Earth. I am planning to go outside and frolic with my family. Find new adventures and taking in all that we have on this Earth. Not complaining about the weather. Not focusing on lack. But embracing all the abundance I am surrounded by.
Particularly after last night when my husband and I attended the Leonard Cohen concert at The Barclay Centre in Brooklyn. A dream come true for my husband and he enjoyed every moment of it. Leonard Cohen for those of you who don't know him is 78 years old with a voice of gold. Gravelly, raspy, romantic, deep and rich, he serenaded us for 3 hours. His voice never faltering. His face sometimes looking like a 20 year old because he was responding to the positive energy in the crowd and did not want to leave us. He was living out his passion and because he was doing so sometimes his energy transported him back to his youth. Showing us his once unlined and youthful face.
He opened by saying he planned to do concerts for a few more years and was going to start smoking when he turns 80 in two more years. He commanded that stage like he was a young man taking us on an adventure through his life through his favourite songs. Drawing us in with his spoken rendition of a thousand kisses deep. Lulling us all in to the poetry and rhythm of his voice. Sending tremors through my being as his voice resonated on such a deep and personal level.
I looked at Cohen last night and was grateful for my husband introducing to this man. A man I would not have been introduced to had I not met my husband because culturally he would not have crossed my path. My husband and I are interracial and because we are we have introduced each other to cultures and people we would not have otherwise known had we not met. Had we not forced each other out of comfort zones.
Thanking my husband and @Leonard Cohen and another day on this Earth for reminding me that when we step outside of our comfort zones we grow, we expand, we gain more compassion and love and empathy because we understand that we are one. One Energy. One strand throughout our Universe.
For helping me to understand when we find our passions and live them out, no matter how old we are, we can still touch the hearts of many including ourselves. Passion gives us purpose and allows us to make it through our darkest hour.
For helping me to see when we go for it every single day without putting off til tomorrow or when the time is right, we open ourselves to so much more. When the clock struck twelve late night, my husband and I were sitting on the train waiting for it to bring us back to our hotel, I closed my eyes and asked the Universe to at least allow us to arrive back to the hotel to be with our children before the world ended. I prayed that if we were spared I would step up even more to help to bring love and light into this world.
When I woke up this morning to another day I decided I would write another blog. To share and continue to spread my joy in the event I touch someone else's heart. And now as I am ending this blog, the grey skies are giving way to a sunny and promising day. Here's to going for it and exploring outside my comfort zone for another day.
December 21 is not the end but rather the beginning of a new time for love, compassion, empathy and peace. A time for sharing and giving and making our planet a better place to be. Are you in?

No comments:

Post a Comment