Thursday 20 December 2012

The power of positive thoughts


The wind is still howling. The morning is still dark. Our flight came in last night but now we’re wondering if it will depart?
Positive thoughts is what I keep telling myself. Cast away the negative and think positively. If we are meant to get on that flight and arrive safely at our destination it will be so and there is nothing we can do about it except be grateful when we do.
Closing my eyes and feeling the chill in the air. Thinking about how just a few days ago I was wondering if winter was ever going to come. The weather had been so pleasant. So warm. So bright. And then in an instant it changed. Gusty winds. Cooler temperatures. Reminding me just how quickly life can change and how we must enjoy every moment of it. Never knowing when it will be our turn for a dramatic change.  Reminding me to be careful of what I ask for because we always get what we ask for and most often when we least expect it.
My family is off for a few days to enjoy the even cooler temperatures of New York. To have some quality time together away from our normal everyday reality. To experience the festive season in a place that knows how to celebrate Christmas. We won’t be there for Christmas as we have to be back home to be with my dad but we will be there long enough to soak up the festivities for a few days.
I am trying to remain positive. Thinking about the power of thought and how it can help us to get to where we need to be. I’m praying that the wind cooperates with us to push us to NY faster. Enabling our flight to be smooth and friction free. I’m praying that we arrive safely so that we each get to enjoy a bit of our @Christmas dream. Remembering always positive thoughts make dreams come true. Living life fully and in the moment makes us appreciate when we don’t. So here’s to doing both.
I’m not sure if I will be writing my blog over the next few days as I am planning to surrender and go  with the flow. Letting my body, mind and soul lead me to where I need to go.  Check in with me but if you don’t see my blog you’ll know why. 
Here’s to going with the flow and accepting the moment as the present it is. Enjoy as I intend to as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment