Saturday 8 December 2012

@Pantomime unexpected lessons


Writing from the heart this morning. Just letting it go. Seeing what my inner most self is trying to tell me. Exploring where my soul is taking me today. Going with the flow and let it come through my fingertips.
It’s Saturday morning, very early but I’m up and bright and bushy tailed because I have a long day ahead of me. My daughter’s first day of doing two shows for the Pantomime so I want to be there with her to let her know I am supporting her. It’s amazing to watch the confidence growing for all the children in the Pantomime this year.
They have moved from not knowing what to do. Not sure about what makeup they have to wear to applying it themselves. Taking charge of their own destiny. Getting themselves ready so when their cue comes they are up on stage. It’s wonderful to see them maturing and accepting responsibility for their roles. What's even more amazing is they range in age from 9 – 12. All from different backgrounds and schools but they have forged a camaraderie amongst themselves.
I am so proud of them. It’s not easy going on stage every night and becoming a character in front of a live audience but they have risen to the challenge. I never knew how much work went on behind the scenes to make sure everyone is ready and is costume. This is a first for me as well and I have forged friendships with people I would not have otherwise either. Telling me that every once in a while it is good for us to step out of our comfort zones. Do something different. Be amongst new people, new experiences. Stretch our boundaries. Because when we do, we see just how versatile and adaptable we really are. I know this experience has done that for me. And I know it has broaden the horizons of my nine year old daughter.
It also lets me see, as it has my daughter,  that at the base of it all we are all the same. Regardless of where we come from. Regardless of what we look like. Regardless of what we do on a daily basis. When everyone is scurrying around the dressing room area, no one knows where we came from or who we were before we walked through the door but once we are there we become the Pantomime family working together to put on the best production we can. No hierarchy. No questions asked. Just getting on with each other and striving toward our common goal of having a great show. And so far so good.
What a great experience for my daughter, for me and for everyone involved. An experience well worth having and one that will teach my daughter and myself lessons forever. That at the base of it all we are all the same. Spirits in human form of the One-Source seeking to love and to be loved.
Here’s to our day of acting, dressing, and working together. I enjoyed that flow this morning. Happy Saturday everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment