Tuesday 25 December 2012

In the Spirit of Christmas


Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful.  ~Norman Vincent Peale
Greetings of the Season to friends and family far and wide. Though we may not see each other today, know that you are near and dear to my heart. I appreciate you being with me on my journey of love and light. I appreciate your comments when I post my blog. For you following me but not expressing comment but feeling your presence with me nonetheless.
And what a beautiful Christmas morning it is here in Bermuda. Sunny, cool and picture perfect. Birds are chirping. Our children are happily playing with their gifts and my husband and I are happy with the nongifts we brought each other.
Just wanted to send out wishes to you all around the globe. Remembering this day is not just about giving material gifts but also about spreading peace, love, and joy first with ourselves then allowing that energy to spread to others. Transcending all the hatred, greed and pestilence in the world replacing it with love and light.
Remembering that to the religious this is the day of the birth of Christ. To others it is a day of reverence and peace and loving. May we bury the hatchet for all transgressions and instead think from a place of gratitude, love and light. May we be nonjudgmental today remembering that we are all of the same cloth. From the One Source. And whatever our beliefs are today, may we have faith to know we are here for a reason. Regardless of our beliefs. Faith is what sees us through.
Today is my family day. My day of expressing gratitude for all that I have, have had and am about to receive. May it be the same for you.  A day of forgiveness, gratitude, love and peace.
Seasons Greetings to you all and to all a day filled with joy, love and peace.
@Merry Christmas
@Feliz Navidad
@Joyeux Noel
@Happy Hanukkah
@Heri  Za Kwanza
A few quotes that I love about Christmas
Christmas is a necessity.  There has to be at least one day of the year to remind us that we're here for something else besides ourselves.  ~Eric Sevareid
Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmas-time.  ~Laura Ingalls Wilder
He who has not Christmas in his heart will never find it under a tree.  ~Roy L. Smith
I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round, as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys.  ~Charles Dickens
Christmas is the day that holds all time together.  ~Alexander Smith
Happy Holidays to you and and yours and may we hold in our hearts the memories of those who have departed for another dimension in our Universe knowing their love remains even when they have gone. In the Spirit of Christmas, Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment