Thursday 13 December 2012

Be the change I want to see


I learnt an invaluable lesson yesterday about trust. It is very difficult for people to trust again when they have been let down in the past. Very difficult for them to believe in new ideas when they have become accustomed to old ways of thinking. Very difficult to penetrate negative mindsets even when we are searching for something positive.  Even when the light has been placed right in front of us, some of us refuse to see it. Can’t see it. Won’t see it.
And yesterday I witnessed this aspect of many people and at first it really made me feel useless. Deflated even because I was so keen in helping to orchestrate change in mindsets. So keen to inspire a revolution of old negative behaviours and challenge people to change to a new way of thinking. And it did not happen in the way I expected. So I was crushed.
For the rest of the day I felt like something was missing. Something was not sitting right with me. I felt it would be impossible to shift the mindset of people who are desperate for change but are not willing to take small steps forward. I contemplated the nature of people for the remainder of the day. Trying my hardest to think of how best to help them.
And then I realized it was arrogant of me to think I could change anyone but myself. Arrogant of me to think I can make any significant changes to anyone other than myself. I realized all I need do is to continue to spread the love, light, and abundance I feel inside and if there are people who really want to live their lives in this way, they will start to change when they are ready. Not when I think they should.
I realized this morning that sometimes the change does not come as a watershed moment. Sometimes it’s just a trickle at a time until eventually that trickle begins to leak and then it turns into a flood. But what I cannot do is give up on my faith that every single one of us is looking for love and validation. And when we speak in terms of success, we speak in terms of love. When we speak in terms of change, we speak in terms of love. When we speak in terms of abundance, we speak in terms of love.
I understand exactly what the quote, “In order to effect the change we want, we have to be the change we want to see.”  I recognize in these times of scarcity and fear, I have to repeat over and over again, “in order to effect the change I want, I have to be the change I want to see.”  And I have to remind myself every single day.  Not just turning it on and off depending on the company I am in. Instead I will seek out the company that is of like mind.
Remembering always that when we are trying to be in the presence of love and light so we can live that way, we are always confronted by the darkness and the scarcity mentality because the Universe is testing us to see what we really want.  Remembering also that sometimes there are no concrete answers, plans or goals. Instead we have to trust and have faith that the Universe is providing us with exactly what we need when we need it.
I also recognized that my disappointment with yesterday’s result stemmed from the fact that I had allowed ego to creep in. Allowed all the negative chatter to take precedence over the positive. Allowed my expectations to take precedence over my intentions. But last night just before going to bed, I participated in the global meditation called, " The Master Shift - 12.12.12- Global Unity Movement" and I felt my vibration change.
I am again full of hope and love and light because I chose to be in the presence of the One Source. Of connecting with like minded people from around the world and my whole being was filled with joy, surrender and love. My faith was renewed and I know without a shadow of doubt that my journey of love and light will not always be easy but if I keep focused on being the change I want to effect.  Even in those times when it is the most difficult. I will feel content within myself. And eventually I will see the change I want to see not just in myself but in others as well.
There is a Universal revolution going on right now. A revolution to return to the principles of love, light, peace, prosperity and abundance and I am really grateful to be a part of it. And I will continue to be the change I want to see even when I am confronted with mistrust, doubt and fear. Embracing the fact that in the absence of love, there is only fear. And for this lesson and blessing,  I am truly grateful.
@themastershift

No comments:

Post a Comment