Wednesday 28 May 2014

Sometimes I don't know where to begin

Sometimes I don’t know where to begin
What to say
How to start
Sometimes I feel like I have been wandering
Wandering in the dark
So much
Too much
I can’t find the light
Can’t see the light
Can’t feel it either
Sometimes I am so grateful
For everything that happens to me
That I can’t remember
What has happened to me
Or where I am meant to be
Sometimes I wish I could snap my fingers
And live the life I want
But then what is the life I want
Knowing
I some days want to be this
While others days I want to be that
When do we ever reach the point
Where we are totally satisfied
On a consistent basis
With who we are
Or do we ever reach that stage
Are we meant to constantly question
What it is
That makes us tick
Or do we really like the pursuit
Are more tantalized by it
Than the actual capture
Than actually receiving the prize
What is the prize anyway
Why am I here
When I want to be over there
Why am I doing this
Rather than that
Why I question from time to time
And as I am getting older
I am becoming less patient some days
And more patient others
I can feel the clock ticking
I can hear the clock ticking
I can see the clock ticking
Time is running out
I tell myself
Time is running out
Time tells me
My heart starts to race
My thoughts start to jumble
My anxiety barometer goes through the roof
Stop
Stop I want to tell the clock
Wait for me
Clock
Can’t you hear me
I need more time
More time
To make the right decisions
More time to make sure
I am doing
What I am meant to be doing
Can you hear me clock
Can you hear me Father Time
Because it is a strange feeling
This feeling of limbo
Where I seem to stagnate
Rather than grow
Where I seem to be standing still
While everyone else is moving around me
While the clock keeps ticking
And time keeps moving on
Without me
It seems
How is this true
Who am I
I question more and more
And what is it that I really want to do
Why am I blinded from my truth
Why do I not know my truth
Is it because I am afraid of my truth
Or is this my truth
Weird mood I am in today
Weird so I decided to explore it
Let it come through these words
Let my fingers move over the keyboard
Without filtering
Without thinking too much
Just letting the words flow through my fingertips
Let the flow go
And see where it takes me
And I find myself questioning
Questioning more than answering
Find myself in a state of
I don’t know
Where I am
What I am
Who I am
As the clock ticks
And time moves on
Is it because I am growing
Constantly changing
Sometimes in a major way
Other times in a minuscule way
Or is it because 
I feel like time is not on my side
That I am not on my side
Feel like I am looking from side to side
Ahead and backwards
But not getting the answers that I seek
Until I realize I am not getting the answers
Because I don’t know what the questions are
Don’t understand much right now
So I am just going with the flow
As my writing is showing me this morning
To trust and to let go
To stop thinking so hard
To stop trying too hard
To just stop trying to direct
To stop trying to beat the clock
To stop worrying about time
And instead accept
The clock keeps ticking
Time keeps moving on
As do I
To continue to be grateful
To continue to believe
I live in an abundant world
To continue to have faith
I am alive
Breathing
Breathing
Breathe
To let go and to remember
Some days I will be on point
And others I will not
To accept all of me
All aspects of me
And that time is time
The clock is the clock
Ticking
Ticking
Tick
Tock



No comments:

Post a Comment