Friday 23 May 2014

And there they were this morning

And there they were this morning like messages from the other world – the ethereal world-  the crescent moon and a bright star to its left in the eastern dawn sky. Shining like beacons of light willing me to contemplate life and the eternal. To know that when death comes, it is not final but just another part of the journey. Filling me with hope and possibility. Filling me with love. The light from them radiating throughout my being.
Reassuring me that even though this date will forevermore be marred by the fact that we buried my mother. Sent her to the other side, away from my physical presence, she always remains in my heart. Always remains in my soul. Always remains because I am part of her and she is part of me. I inhaled deeply then sat and meditated. Allowing thoughts of life, thoughts of choice, thoughts of possibility to filter through my mind as tears stung my eyes. As feelings from deep down bubbled to the surface. As life and death met halfway in between and let me know that there is no escaping either one of them. Both gifts from the Divine. Both arriving at the time they are meant to.
One sending us into this human world and the other to the ethereal world. And though I have feelings of sadness rushing through me as my mind takes me back to that time some 38 years ago when I thought my life had come to an end as we lowered my mother’s physical body into the ground, I realized it was just beginning. A new chapter. A new state of being. A new state of understanding. A new state of resilience would come into me. A realization that even when life brings us to our knees as long as we are open, as long as we are willing, as long as we have faith, our bowed knees will soon give us the strength to rise again. To allow us to stand tall again. To let go of what was meant to be let go but still keep it in the recesses of our minds, to hold it close to our hearts, to know that love never dies and as such neither do we truly.
Because when we love and are truly loved in return, a piece of us always remains even when we are long gone. That piece that is the essence of who we are just like the crescent moon this morning with its shining star to its left, I knew that was my mother and I, the pact we had made before we came to this physical realm, the pact that said we would always be together no matter what. Liberating me from the guilt and the regret. Instead opening me to all that is, was and ever will be. Because there is no greater feeling than the feeling of love even when we think it has left us.  That love has betrayed us. Enslaved us to the darkness.
In time we realize, love never dies when we reach deep and surrender, we realize love is all that remains because love is who we are, were and always will be.
And there they were this morning – truly messages from the ethereal world. Sent to free me. To remind me that love never dies. It remains even when we bury someone we truly love because all we have buried is their physical bodies. But we can never bury their spiritual bodies because they never ever die. They always remain.
And as I finish typing this, the dawn sky and the moon and the star have gone. Died. Moved on giving way to the morning sky. Leaving behind an orangy pink glow as the light of the sun is born to start this beautiful new day of possibility and love. Death and birth.
With gratitude for the time I spent with my beautiful, crazy mother on this day when we buried her physical body some 38 years before giving her angel wings and allowing her ethereal body to be liberated forever and ever. Giving her the permission to be within me always.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment