Wednesday 14 May 2014

Romance is a wonderful thing

Romance is a wonderful thing
It sweeps in when we least expect
When we’re not looking for it
But somehow it finds us
Like last night
When
My husband and I
Connected on a deep level
A level beyond the physical
From a simple gesture
He stood outside with binoculars in hand
Looking up at the moon
The majestic full moon
I sat inside but felt his pull
My husband’s need
His desire for me to join him
Communication without words
Through walls and barriers
As if none existed
The female warrior within me
Heard my man’s call
And out I went
Joining him silently
Without words
He handed me the binoculars
And I looked up at the moon
The big full moon
That looked like a perfect round ball
A bouncy ball
Through the lens of the binoculars
Almost like something out of a fairy tale
Almost like something imagined and not true
But true it was
Just like the romance
That flowed between my husband and me
Barely touching physically
But touching in a way that transcends the physical
And dances with the metaphysical
That sways us from side to side
And keeps us bonded together
Because of the history we share
The words that need not be spoken
As we shared a moment
A quiet moment of togetherness
Enjoying the moon
The stars
The clouds that covered the moon
Then dispersed
The mysterious light that sped across the sky
That was too fast to be an airplane
A satellite perhaps my husband reasoned
But adding to the romance of the stolen moment
We shared together
Husband and wife
Under the richness of the full moon
Its roundness reminding me
Of my pregnant belly
When I carried first my son
Then my daughter
So full of life
So full of love
So full of mystery
Romance is a wonderful thing
That comes knocking when we least expect it
And when we are not looking for it
But it finds us when we are ready
When we answer its call
Making its presence known
Romance
Deep
Passion
Love
Without words
Shared from an intimate space
Grown from love
All under the light and mystery
Of a few stolen moments
Stoked by the big full moon
Romance
True romance
Grown from love
Honour
Trust
And faith
Brought back to reality
Under the light of the full moon
With gratitude and grace
And love and light

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment