Wednesday 19 February 2014

Lesson from a turbulent plane ride

Shaking
Pitching
Twisting
Up and Down
Bouncing
No control
Palms Sweating
Prayers being said
Over and over again
As the airplane pitches from side to side
Ears clogged
Feet sweaty
Trying to remain brave
When fear is gripping
Holding me in its hand
Because I am in a situation I can’t control
Turbulence like you won’t believe
Pushing us around
Letting us know though we cannot see
There are forces
Invisible forces
That are greater than us
Larger than us
More powerful than us
Respecting their might
Honouring their ability
I ask them to deliver me
Safely to where I am meant to be
If it is meant to be
Then safely back home
I close my eyes and pray
Asking my Sprit Guides and Angels
To help me
To rescue me
And then I surrender
Stop pleading
Stop resisting
What is meant to be
Relaxing in to the rhythm of the turbulence
Into the shifting of the airplane
Accepting I am where I am meant to be
So there is no sense in resisting
No sense in trying to stop what is happening
Or worrying
Because everything is unfolding as planned
And once I let go
The twisting
Pitching
And up and down movements of the airplane
No longer frighten me
As I become one with them
As they become one with me
Teaching a lesson again about life
There are invisible forces
Greater than me
Greater than us
Alongside all the time
Helping us
Directing us
Guiding us
To be in the place we are
To accept the fate we asked for
Delivering us
All the things we asked for
And it makes no sense resisting
No sense fighting
Gathering up the nerve
I looked out the window
And saw clear blue skies
No clouds
No evidence of what was causing us so much movement
No signs of the mysterious resistance we were encountering
And understood at once that those forces are invisible to us
But very present
Always present
Because there are just some things we are not meant to see
But know they exist
And are there to help us
As long as we are willing to surrender
To let go
To have faith
That our prayers
Our wishes
Our desires
Are always answered
When we know what we want
And receive it 
With gratitude and grace




No comments:

Post a Comment