Friday 14 February 2014

For the longest time love evaded me

For the longest time
Love evaded me
Hid from me
Ran from me
Until I realized
It was not love
It was me
Love is always with us
Because it is us
We don’t have to chase it
Pursue it
Become something else
Or someone else
In order to find it
Have it
Revel in it
Because I am discovering
It is with us all the time
Because it is us
Waiting for us
To open our hearts
Be vulnerable
Flexible
And free
Nonjudgmental
Unafraid
To let the love
That is our light
Shine from deep within
True love sometimes gets confused with fantasy love
The romantic and highly sensual
Attraction love that we feel
When we first meet someone
Who moves us
The spark that is the signal
That we are meant to be
But that spark is just an aphrodisiac
Like the first high
Of a drug
Meant to enrapture us
Entangle us
So we can release
Who we truly are
And once we do with love
The highly magnetic feeling
Fades
And becomes more everyday
Because there is no need
To magnify us anymore
Because we know and trust
Love
But some of us
Spend the rest of our lives
In search of that first love high
Going from relationship to relationship
Expecting to feel that inexplicable hormonal
Animal exchange
The heat that comes when love is new
When love is calling our name
When it is giving us the surge
To open to the one who will remain
But what I am learning is that
Love grows
And changes
And matures 
Just like us
Becoming comfortable
Nonjudgmental
And freeing
Allowing us to be who we were sent here to be
Allowing us to show who we truly are
To the ones who love us back
Without judgment
And have our backs
At all times
Love is deeply satisfying
When we realize
We don’t have to seek love
We don’t have to chase love
We don’t have to become
Anyone else but who we are
To receive the love
And be the love
Meant for us
Because true love is always there
And available for us
When we know
We are love
And love is us
We understand
We are made from love
And love is made from us
We know love is the light
That comes from deep within
And when all else fades
Love remains
Grounding us
Focusing us
And providing us
With the light we need
To make it through our darkest days
For the longest time
I searched for love
Chased after love
Thought I was incapable of love
Until love came and remained
Encouraging me to grow
Encouraging me to show
My vulnerable
And courageous self
Who is made of love
Allowing me to give love
Embrace love
And to be love
So now I love
My love
On a different level
Than I knew was ever possible
Because I know without a doubt
That I am love
And love is me
Happy Valentine’s Day to all who know
That love remains when all else fades
It is the sun rising in the morning
The rain falling
The dew in the morning light
The thunder and the lighting
The bird singing
The butterfly fluttering by
The rose opening its petals
The cry of a baby
The moonlight on a dark night
Laughter
Tears
Hugs
It is creation
Beginnings and Endings
Love is ever present
Because Love is who we are
And what we are
Love never fades
Because love is
The beginning and Ending
For the longest time
Love evaded me
Hid from me
Ran from me
Until I realized
It was not love
It was me
Love is always with us
Because it is us

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment