Tuesday 29 October 2013

Travelling both physically and metaphorically yesterday

Yesterday I travelled all day both metaphorically and physically. I left my hotel in New Orleans early so that I would not get caught up in traffic. Meeting a taxi driver who talked to me about the hardships that are still occurring in New Orleans as a result of Hurricane Katrina some 8 years before. Of how people still have nowhere to go so they have not returned to where they were before. How many of them have struggled and are still struggling to rebuild what they had. And for those who returned how it took them some three years to do so. Paths intersecting to teach me to be grateful for what I have because it can be taken in an instant.
The physical is temporary. The spiritual is forever. Eternal. I knew as soon as I woke up and saw the date that I would be in a sacred space all day because it was my mother’s birthday. And every year when her day comes around, I feel myself reconnect with her spiritually. Letting me know her essence remains within me. Even though physically we will never see each other again in the physical forms we had known, we will always be connected spiritually as she remains in me as I remain in her.
I knew no matter what came my way, I was being watched over by my angel mother because it was the day she entered her physical body to begin her path of becoming my mother. Gathering up her experiences to prepare herself to set the stage for me to enter my physical body some 31 years later in her life. Some 50 years ago in mine.  I felt her with me all day long. So I felt a sense of confidence. A sense of what was to be was going to be so there was no sense worrying about anything.
As we flew through the air last evening on my last leg home from Miami to Bermuda, I looked out the window and saw layers of pillowy clouds- thick, puffy clouds like marshmallows  against a red sun setting sky. Almost like flames of passion streaking through the purity of the clouds. I felt so connected to the Divine. So at peace with my place in life. To know I am a part of creation. Of all that is possible and available abundantly and freely.
To know the energy I give out is the energy I receive. To know life is all about being present. Not doing. Not projecting. Nor expecting. Just being.
 And when we are truly in the presence of ourselves that’s when we hear the voice of angels, the whisper of our meaning, the sweet sound of eternity all wrapped up in the magic of our existence.
This thought drawing me to my  O magazine. Leading me to this most haunting, touching and profound quote Oprah referenced  in her column, What I know for Sure, “Let the power come. Let ecstasy erupt. Allow your heart to expand and overflow with adoration for this magnificent creation and for the love, wisdom, and power that birthed it all. Rapture is needed now - rapture, reverence, and grave.”  Wow.
She ended her column by stating, “Our main job in life is to align with the energy that is the Source of all energies, and to keep our frequency turned to the energy of love….When that is your life’s work, mystery solved - or at least, the mystery no longer mystifies you. It only heightens the rapture, reverence, and grace.”
I felt her words and the quote deep down in my soul almost as if the Divine and my angel mother were giving me clues. Clues to answer the questions that have been plaguing me of late, Is this all there is? When will I step into my own? Am I doing what I am meant to be doing? Letting me know I am always in my own and I am always where I am meant to be as long as I am fully present allowing space for rapture, reverence and grace. Namaste Mama and Oprah with love and light, reverence and grace.


No comments:

Post a Comment