Tuesday 8 October 2013

Marvelling at the spectacular sunsets of late

Last night the Royal Gazette posted a most magnificent photograph of the sunset over Crow Lane taken by one of its readers and it made me think about the beautiful sunsets we have been treated to in Bermuda these last few nights. The sky like blood orange bursting through the twilight treating us to a spectacular light show of the fading light of the sun. A few times when driving home I have had to catch myself, remind myself I was driving because I was so mesmerised by the sunset light.
Wisps of red clouds dancing across the sky while others lazily drifting slightly heavier than the wisps. Red. So red they look like the collective blood of all of us. The beginning and the end. Looking ominous yet delightful at the same time. Frightening yet enlightening. Just like life unfolding before my eyes. The very things that frighten us are the ones we need for growth. For our own spiritual wellbeing and intuition. Just like the dichotomy of the night skies unfolding before my eyes.
The natural colours of the Universe are sights to behold. Enrapturing us. Fuelling us with its beauty and light when we are open and receptive to it. When we stop and take the time to appreciate the beauty of the Universe. Its natural beauty. Freely available to us all. In it simple and daily existence such as the setting sun.
Driving home and taking in the sunsets lately have filled me with such joy, such abundance, such faith in our Universe because it goes on around us regardless of what we are doing or thinking. It continues to provide for us even when we think it does not. It continues to replenish itself and in doing so us as well.
The redness of the twilight sky takes me back to my childhood rhymes, “Red sky at night, shepherd’s delight. Red sky in the morning, sailor’s warning.”
These red skies of late have been a pure delight for me. Filling me with hope, love and peace. Allowing me to take in the wonders of its light. Allowing me to inhale the ending of the day and exhale the setting sun. Accepting life goes on no matter what. There is always an ending and a beginning. Beginning and ending. Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment