Thursday 24 October 2013

A fresh new day

This morning when I woke up there was a light shining through my windows. Almost as if it was calling my name. Asking me to explore where it was coming from. Beckoning me to the window. I answered its call. Thinking at first it may have been the motion lights set off by the little cat called Sally.
First I went into the family room to look outside and realized I had forgotten to draw the curtains last night. But was I glad that I had! The curtains were wide open leaving a frame around the patio doors and allowing the full morning sky to be seen through the glass doors. And what a sight it was. Beautiful morning sky illuminated by the moon’s light. Three stars shaped like a triangle immediately in front of me. Slight clouds in the sky. Dark but full of light. Radiant almost as if I could hear the voice of angels through the closed doors. Almost as if I could touch possibility. My whole being responding to the beautiful and spectacular sight in front of me. Gratitude spreading throughout my whole being. I almost started to shake from the pure joy I felt.
Not wanting to leave the magic of the waking morning, I walked to the other side of my house. To the entrance and opened the door and stood outside. Inhaling the freshness of the new day. Listening to the sound of the silence of the morning. Only to hear loud and clear the tree frogs singing at the top of their lungs. Looking up at the sky full of stars. No clouds blocking their light.
And then I caught sight of the moon. Its light radiating my whole being. No obstructions to its light at all. Nothing inhibiting it from being seen and appreciated. Its fullness slightly gone because the full moon, known as the Hunter’s Full Moon, has passed but casting its light nonetheless. I stood outside for a few seconds feeling grateful for having taken the moment of silence. For having given myself the opportunity to appreciate the glory of this new day. To remember that life is what I make it.
Uttering a silent prayer of gratitude for the flu bug slowly but surely leaving my body. Thanks for being able to breathe again unobstructed. That my throat is no longer as raw as it was and my ears are slowly but surely unblocking. I inhaled some more. My balance returning.
Grateful for the natural beauty even in a darkened morning. Life teeming despite the morning not quite awake. Filling me with life itself and allowing me to cast aside any worries, angst and illness that may be left in me to know that even in the darkest moment there is always light. It’s all a matter of how we open our hearts and eyes to see it. Feel it and acknowledge it.

Namaste for the star filled morning against the dark sky allowing the light of the moon to cast its radiant light filling me with joy, possibility, peace, love, harmony, and hope. With much gratitude and blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment