Tuesday 22 October 2013

Succumbing to the flu

Yesterday morning I woke up with the sniffles and a bit of a sore throat. As the day progressed so did my cold. By the end of last night, I was shaking and feeling really rough so I decided to go to bed to sleep it off only to wake up this morning even groggier than I felt yesterday. My throat is now raw and I have chills going through my body. Not like the ones with hot flashes. These ones are a bit more debilitating.

I have so much that I have to get done today. My husband is away so I am a single parent. I need to get my children to school and to their activities and I have some urgent work waiting for me at work.

But my whole body is breaking down. Descending into the shutdown zone. Talking about perfect timing. How could this happen to me this week of all weeks when I am so busy? Is it just the Universe telling me that I need to stop? To give myself a rest. To let my body, mind and soul shut down for a bit to get myself back together.

So what do I do about all the things I have to do today? Do I forget that I am ill and just push through? During my meditation I tried to shift my energy. Tried to tell myself I am well. Tried to tell myself I’ve had worse but my mind, body and soul are refusing to listen. They are pushing back against me and telling me this illness is for real because I did not take heed before. Because I did not listen to the warning signs that I was wearing down. So now they are forcing me to have to stay in bed. Taking the options away from me.

So what I am learning today is when we let ourselves go too far, there is no power of intention that can get us back. All we have to do at that point is to succumb to our body’s need to rest which I am reluctantly doing today because I have no choice. Praying that somehow everything will work out today for me with all that needs to be done.


Back to bed now. Head is too heavy to keep up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment