Thursday 3 October 2013

Finding our passion

Finding our passions is one of the most liberating things we can ever do for ourselves. One of the best gifts we can give ourselves. Because our passions allow us to have something to wake up for in the morning. Something that keeps us going even in our darkest hour.
Finding and practising our passion gives us a sense of grounding. A sense of purpose. And stepping into our passions and owning who we are when we are where we are is a gift to not just ourselves but to others as well because it allows us to go out into the world full of passion and compassion. Full of love and sharing. Giving and receiving.
Passion gives us the ability to see the possibility in everything. To explore all that is there for us from within us. I am so privileged to have found one of my greatest passions and it is in my writing every single day. Waking up in the morning sitting down to meditate then writing my blog are two of the greatest joys I have in my life.
Writing allows me to set the tone for the day. To explore so much about the inner me and helps me to understand my gut instinct. It allows me to go with the flow. To take the path that my writing leads me down. Some days I start with one thought but go off on a completely different tangent than what I originally started with. Allowing me to accept and understand that life is not always the way we want it to be but it is always the way we need to to be.
Following, exploring and standing in my passion have allowed me to be more nimble, more flexible. More empathetic to myself and in doing so more empathetic to others that cross my path. It allows me to be more discerning as well. Picking up on the energies of those who cross my path allowing me to know whether they are worthy of being in my circle or not.
Finding our passions helps us to know more about who we are because we are able to explore so much about our own vulnerabilities when we expose our passion to others by accepting it for ourselves. Because standing in our passion requires putting ourselves out there and risking being rebuked for doing what we love. Accepting that sometimes we will be rebuked. Our passion will not resonate with others but if we are truly following our hearts, we will know the rebuke is to help us change direction but not to abandon that which we love.
I always knew I wanted to write but thought I would be writing in a much different way so I resisted it for the longest time. Hiding from it. Keeping my passion hidden because of the career I have found myself in. But what I am learning is sometimes our passions are meant to be that which helps us to get through our daily lives and this is what my writing, my passion, is for me at this present time. So I write daily without expectation. Without direction. Without forcing it. I write because it brings me joy and allows me to explore my inner wisdom.
Because I am learning sometimes passion does not translate into the grandiosity we thought it would but it certainly does gives us a sense of self. Of grounding. Of purpose. And for finding my passion I am truly grateful. And for writing every day and putting myself out there I am truly grateful.

Passion is who we are. Our essence self come to the forefront. It is in the surrender and embrace of vulnerability. Leading me to this wonderful quote I found giving me the perfect way to end my blog for today, "When we focus on leading a passionate, meaningful life, we are also inadvertently creating a spectacular ripple effect of inspiration in the lives around us.  When one person follows a dream, tries something new, or takes a daring leap, everyone nearby feels their passionate energy; and before too long, they are making their own daring leaps while simultaneously inspiring others."
Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment