Friday 18 October 2013

Feeling of transformation through a double rainbow

Yesterday morning I left my house as the rain drizzled down. The daylight was not yet there and the nightlight had not quite gone. There was a heaviness and dreariness to the feel of the morning. A mistiness like the weather normally seen in England. That constant state of drizzle.
As I sat in the back of the taxi watching the scenery go by, my attention was drawn to the heavily clouded sky. As I looked toward the South, streaks of bright red cloud occasionally came through where the heavy clouds had parted to reveal the dawn sky light. And thoughts of weather changes came to my mind. And why had we had so much rain this year. More rain than sunshine it seems over the past few months.
As we were driving along the Causeway with the daylight becoming more prominent but still not quite there, I looked toward the Northeast and saw two slits of light through the dark and heavy clouds that looked like eyes staring back at me. As I looked at the slits which at first seemed quite ominous, one of them formed the shape of a heart. Almost as if the Universe was telling me there is always love even when we feel afraid. Even when everything seems to be conspiring against us. Even when the light has not quite come to the forefront, love is always there because we are love.
That what we see is what we project. What we feel is what we know. Our thoughts contain a lot of history about who we are and what we have seen.
By the time I was boarding the airplane, the skies were still dark and heavy with rain still drizzling down but against the dark and heavy sky was the most beautiful and vivid rainbow. Stretching like a serpent revealing all its magical colours against the darkened sky. Any feeling of foreboding I had had up until that time were replaced by feelings of enchantment, magic and spirit. Each colour of the rainbow was vibrantly displayed. Making me think of the rhyme for remembering the colours of the rainbow. Singing it in my mind, Richard Of York Goes to Battle In Vain – Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet – making their presence known in its band of the rainbow.
So enchanted was I with the majestic rainbow that I could not help but smile and breathe in its presence with gratitude. Taking a moment to stop to admire the beauty, the natural beauty, of nature even in an otherwise dark sky. I could clearly see the end of the rainbow which was shimmering against the ground. The light like something from out of a fairy tale. Bouncing back up but at the same time looking like the light was continuous despite the solid and hard ground. I could feel the presence of the mythical leprechauns dancing at the bottom. Shifting through their pot of gold. I could feel the promise of the abundance we have in our lives at all times. Understanding that is the pot of gold at the end of rainbows – abundance and treasure of living and life.
And then as I started to walk away that’s when I saw the second rainbow behind the other. The second was not as bright. Not as beautiful but it was there none the same. Hidden in plain sight as I sometimes like to say. Shadowing the other. Mirroring the other but not taking away its light. My step lightened that much more as I felt so blessed to see and feel the presence of the Divine in that special moment of connection back to the One Source.
To some a double rainbow means transformation. And that is exactly how I felt when I was blessed with seeing the two rainbows just as I was boarding my flight. A sign from the Universe that I am at the gates of transformation but I need not rush it or push it because when the time is right all will be revealed. I inhaled deeply and with gratitude.

Grateful for the blessings in my life all vividly displayed in the double rainbow stretching and reflecting showing me there is no beginning or end. It just is. We just are. I am as I am as are you. I boarded the airplane with love and light in my heart, rain on my clothes, a slight physical distraction, but not enough to spoil the joy I felt from the sight of the double rainbow. Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment