Wednesday 16 October 2013

How did the detour signs become so prominent in my life?

Where do I start today? Where are my thoughts today? Worrying about what comes next. Worrying about what to say next. Worrying about whether I am making good decisions or just making decisions to suit my ego.
Worrying about whether I am living in my truth or whether I am living as others would like for my truth to be. Do you ever get like that? One day everything seems to be just right. The next day it seems like everything is so false. Untrue. Not knowing who is on your side or who is against you. Not knowing whether to turn left or right.
Sometimes these obstacles and thoughts come to detract us from where we are meant to be. Sometimes they come to blind us from doing what we are meant to do because they allow us to project our fears and worries onto others rather than focusing on ourselves.
Where am I going with this today? How could I have fallen out of sync with me so quickly and so easily? How did the detour signs become so prominent in my journey at the moment? What happened to my own compass? My own inner voice? Why am I trying to silence it now?
I need not worry about where I am going. I just need to focus on where I am. Accept that sometimes I will feel off course. That I will run into obstacles but as long as I am operating from a place of gratitude and of abundance, I need not worry about what is coming next. I need not try to direct where I am going next despite all the warning signs. Sometimes it’s best to sit back and let things unfold as they are meant to and let the chips fall where they may.
To accept that when we stand still long enough, the truth always come out. Always reveals what is meant to be revealed. Sometimes we just have to trust we are where we are meant to be. Life will always come to us in the way we approach it. Not in the way we expect often but in the way we most need.
Today I choose to step into courage. Courage, as defined by Dr. Maya Angelou, is one of the most powerful virtues we can ever have. She says we can be kind, true and happy erratically but to experience these feelings all the time despite what is coming back to us is to have courage. She suggests we build courage by doing small things like smiling at someone that does not look like us, think like us. Just be courageous enough to be gracious and kind and then life will be gracious and kind to us.

That is my message for today to be courageous enough to be gracious and to let the simple things in my life fill me up with gratitude and abundance rather than looking for the next big thing. Rather than overlooking what is right in front of me and then all the muddle and kerfuffle will fall to the wayside. Rather than worrying about the things I cannot control. Things over there. Not here. People I cannot control. They are them. I am me. Allowing me to step into the life I am living right now. And truly live it rather than watching it from the sidelines. Step into the courage of who I am. Truly am. 
And for this unlikely lesson this morning, I am truly grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment