Saturday 5 October 2013

A lazy Saturday morning

Lazy day for me today and hence the reason why my blog is late. So sorry to my morning coffee readers but this morning I decided to give myself the gift of time and rest. The time to rejuvenate and reconnect with my soul through dreaming, sleeping and resting and I feel so good for having done it. Granted I am behind on many of the things I was supposed to do today. But I am telling myself that I am where I am meant to be. Some things were not meant to be done today because more importantly I needed to rest.
I rolled over in my bed at 5.45 and realised it was Saturday morning. Not a work morning so I smugly closed my eyes and went back to sleep. Telling myself there was nowhere I had to be and no one I had to see. I can't tell you how overjoyed I felt to be able to do that. To sleep without any demands.
Next time I woke up it was 8.36 and I started to get out of bed but my body refused to budge. Telling me the best place for me to be was in bed. I thought about all the morning coffee drinkers who read my blog and said you will understand that I needed the rest more than writing this morning so I rolled over again and went back to sleep. My whole mind, body and soul grateful for my choice.
The next time I woke up was at 10 am. I can't tell you the last time I slept in that late. Even then I had to drag myself out of bed. Making sure my son was ready for tennis and his bags were packed for all the commitments he has today. Checking in with my daughter and finding her curled up in her bed reading a book. My husband shocked at how long I slept.
So I am going to indulge myself for the rest of teh day. Giving myself the gift of time to rest, rejuvenate and reconnect with my essence self. Off for a 90 minute hot stone massage next compliments of my family. So here's to a lazy Saturday doing me. Have a good one everyone and remember it's okay sometimes to do us.

No comments:

Post a Comment