Monday 22 July 2013

A Pure Moment

Yesterday morning I stood at my kitchen window looking over my garden. Watching bluebirds as blue as could be flying across the yard. Singing to each other. Their music sweet to my ears. Watching catbirds hopping around the yard as silent as can be but as elegant and as graceful as a cat. Watching a proud red bird perched atop a tall tree chirping as loud as he could. Looking g as majestic as a king. I stood and watched and listened. Not moving. Just taking in nature. Just breathing in life. Just being.
Looking at the expanse of freshly cut green grass. The trees and the flowers looking as perfect as can be. As perfect as nature can be. As they should. Everything in place. Blooming side by side. Birds chattering and I felt an overwhelming sense of gratitude. Gratitude for the blessings that have come into my life. Gratitude for all that I am and am becoming. Gratitude for standing in my kitchen without feeling the need to be anywhere else but where I was.
I wanted to embrace the world as I felt everything is as it should be. Everything is unfolding as we have asked for it to unfold. That everything and everyone has a place in our society whether we like what they are doing or not. Each one of us is here to teach each other something. Sometimes to hurt us and other times to grow us.  Some to remain and some to go. But each of us has a purpose on this earth.
I stood at the window allowing the feelings of gratitude and of peace flow through me. Allowing that moment of being connected to the One Source. Of understanding the flow of the Universe. Of connecting with the flow of the Universe and knew without a doubt that I was being sent a direct message from the Universe. Blessing me for stopping. For seeing. For hearing. For feeling all that is here all the time. All that goes on without us noticing. Without us hearing. Without us seeing. Without us feeling.
And as I understood, a blue bird as perfect a colour blue as only an artist’s eye can capture landed on the jacaranda tree and sat. The two of us connecting without words but knowing we are of the One Source. Knowing we share this place together. Knowing we are truly blessed. And then he flew away and our moment was done. My moment was done.  Not without me inhaling that pure feeling of understanding. That pure feeling of love. Of bliss. Of absolute gratitude. And for that moment I am truly grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment