Wednesday 24 July 2013

A Blue Screen Yields an Unexpected Lesson

This morning I was in the middle of a beautiful meditation. One of those meditations that takes you to a place full of love and light and surrender. To the place where you feel like you are a part of everything and are in the flow with everything. I was feeling really good. Grateful and appreciative. Just about to get really smug with myself when my computer starting to make a strange noise. The music I was meditating with starting to stick. And then it just shut off. Abruptly. Just like that.
I felt deprived. Angry. Disappointed. And wondered why in the world that happened just when I was getting in the flow. Just when I was surrendering. Just when I could feel my body relaxing and my mind getting in sync with my relaxed body. My nerves instantly were jarred as I was yanked out of my serene state back to the real world. What was the Universe trying to tell me? Why was I suddenly on edge when I had been on the edge of total and utter surrender?
And when I looked outside I saw the morning had changed from a cloudless morning to a cloudy morning. The light was murky. Not clean as it was looking like it would be when I went into my meditation. The wind was picking up. The whole atmosphere outside had changed from the one I woke up to before my meditation.
And it was the clues from nature that taught me the lesson I was meant to learn. We cannot rely on outside sources to bring us to a state of surrender. We cannot rely on other things to help us to go to that place of inner peace. Because just like my computer had a blue screen and died in the middle of my state of utopia, that’s what life does to us sometimes.
Just like the weather outside had changed and gone all hazy and breezy from the promising beautiful still morning, that’s what life does to us sometimes. In order to keep up with change and to be accepting of it, we must be able to go to that place of peace, love and light within us on our own accord because sometimes we may find ourselves in situations and places we never expected. And in order to know peace, we have to be peace. In order to know love, we have to be love. In order to surrender, we have to free our minds to know and accept that life will sometimes take us where we did not think we would ever go.
And when we have the patience and go with the flow we will find we are exactly where we need to be not where we thought we should be. As I found this morning, once I let go of the disappointment I felt with my blue screen, my computer restarted and I got the lesson I was meant to get. And then just like that the rain started to pour down outside. Giving my grass the much needed water it needed to continue to grow and thrive. The tree frogs began to sing at the top of their lungs. The outside looking dewy and glittery from the raindrops. Changing the morning from one of heaviness to one of freshness and abundance.
Teaching me that it is in the unexpected that we learn the most about who we are and what we can tolerate. And when we learn to surrender and go with the flow, we will be showered with the abundance of the Universe. And for my unexpected lesson and the rain, I am truly grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment