Tuesday 23 July 2013

Lured by the magic of the full moon

Did anyone see that moon last night? Its light so bright it felt like the sun. Casting its beams through my windows. Making the night seem like the day.
I am always restless on a full moon. Always between sleep and awake. In that place of in between. Lured by the magic of the moon. And for some reason this year, the moon has been more present in my life. I seem more drawn to it than ever. Its effect on me that much more alluring and endearing. For reasons I do not understand.
But the moon this year seems much more powerful to me than ever before. I notice it more. Feel it more. Am mesmerized by it more. To me there are so many more light nights than there are dark nights. So many more nights when the moon is present than it is hidden. Does any one else feel this way about the moon this year?
Last night I got up because I could not go through the night without looking directly at the moon. Almost as if it was beckoning me to see it. To look at it. To take it in. So I gave in at 3.24. I got up and walked to my bathroom and lifted the shade and there before me. Right above me was the brightest full moon I have ever seen. It was so bright I almost felt blinded by its light. Felt completely enraptured by its presence. Surprised by its immediacy. Embraced by its light.
I almost felt like the moon could fall out of the sky and roll along the grass. It was so perfectly round. Almost like the belly of a pregnant woman. A golden ball of fire. I wanted to reach out and touch it. Hug it. But instead I dropped the shade and inhaled deeply. Taking in the light of the moon and all of its promise. All of its presence. All of its magic. Feeling like I had experienced something supernatural. Something special. An exchange meant just for me.
I walked back to my bed with the light of the moon shining through my shaded windows. Lighting my path so I could see my way back to bed.  Almost as if it was letting me know, telling me, no amount of shade could obscure its light. Nothing was going to separate its light from me.
And then I fell asleep with the light of the moon filling me with hope, peace, prayer and abundance. Reverence and awe of all that is, was and ever be. Feeling grateful for the experience of the big, brilliant full moon. Grateful for following the call of the magic of the moon. Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment