Wednesday 27 March 2013

The splendour of the moon


Lately I have been so busy that it seems I have not had time to breathe. Always rushing here and there. Meetings. Deadlines to meet. One task after another.
I also seem to be going to bed later and alter. Waking up at exactly 4.55 in the morning. Alert. Mind rushing. Checking off the list of things I need to do in my head. Remembering to express gratitude for all I have. Then getting out of bed to do all the things I need to do to prepare myself for the day. Meditation being one of my top priorities to center me and reconnect me with spirit.
After coming out of my meditation this morning, I remembered how last night when I was going to bed, I was drawn to the windows in my bedroom because I thought someone had activated the motion lights in my front yard. Only to discover when I pulled back the shade, that there was a beautiful moon casting its light across my yard. A real and authentic light. Not one made by man. But one created by the Divine Spirit. A light that will never extinguish but will always remain.
I inhaled deeply. Exhaling slowly. Breathing in and out the full impact of the moon on my consciousness.  Feeling it nourishing every atom, every cell of my body.  Feeling nostalgic about the fact that I have not been spending as much time appreciating nature as I normally would. Feeling the splendour of the moon penetrating my soul even through the closed window. Feeling the power of spirit moving through me. Reconnecting me with all that is. A smile spread across my face as I remembered the lovely photo a friend posted on Facebook about the moon that was shining down on us here in Bermuda.
Feeling pure joy that I am a part of nature. Affirming Chopra words, “I am an exquisite expression of nature.” Allowing myself to accept when we take the time to observe nature and to be in nature, what we realize is not one of us is separate from the other. That we are expressions of nature.  Part of nature. That without nature we would not survive because our body, mind and spirit could not be replenished. We are nature and nature is us. What a wonderful expression of symbiotic connectedness.
This morning I am grateful for the reminder of the importance of spending time in nature. Of the importance of observing its wonder. Of the importance of letting it reconnect me to the field of infinite possibility and potentiality because it is freely available to me and to us all. And if we were to observe nature , spend some time in nature, we will see just how resilient and awe inspiring nature truly is. Reminding me because we are a part of nature then we are just as resilient and awe inspiring as nature is. And just as important. Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment