Saturday 9 March 2013

Like the butterfly


Breaking routines today and it feels so good. So liberating. Just being as my body, mind and spirit wants. Lying in bed for ages letting thoughts run through my mind. Not trying to process them. Not trying to find meaning to my life. Just being. And thinking and letting my body relax.
Seeing the sun come and go through my blinds as the clouds covered the sun shutting out the light. Plunging everything into darkness.  Listening to the downpour of torrential rain. Then hearing the howling wind as it pushed the clouds aside after the downpour to bring the sun and its light back again. A rhythm every few minutes. Light. Dark. Rain. Wind. Light. Dark. Wind Rain. Light. And on and on.
Marveling at life. The whole process of light and dark. Thinking about how my bedroom had been dark just hours before then it was flooded with light. Changing the perspective and shapes on my walls. The shadows replaced with light. Thinking life really is full of changes and the more I am able to embrace change the better I am.
The more I learn to grow and change as each day does rather than standing still and wondering why I am not satisfied with life, the better I am. The more I challenge myself to be what I feel inside rather than what the outside world wants me to be, the better I am.
Just like day turns to night. Night turns to day. Clouds give way to the sun. The sun giving way to the clouds. The wind blows . The wind stops. So do we. We are constantly being asked to be what we are here to be so all we need do is get out of our own way and be all that we are meant to be. All I need do is get out of my own way and be all I am meant to be.
And that’s what changing my routine this morning did for me. It allowed me the space, the scope to listen to me. To not be in the same pattern I am always in allowing room for new thoughts and perspectives to enter my space. To allow the butterflies that exist within me all the time to morph and spread their wigs. To feel the full space of infinity that exists within me all the time. Opening me up to the more that exists every single day within me.
Breaking routines this morning. Not pressuring myself to be anywhere, to do anything except to be with me and my thoughts was one of the most precious gifts I could give to myself today.
And for taking the time this morning to stop. To just be. To enjoy me. To love me. Filled me with such satisfaction and love it is difficult to articulate. But I know sometimes the greatest gifts we can ever give are the gifts that no one else can see, touch, feel or hear. They are the gifts that come from deep, deep within that allow us to be free to be who we are.
Here’s to a wonderful and joy filled weekend. Even with the wind blowing, the clouds obscuring the sun, the rain and the darkness, I know there is an infinite field of love and light that exists within me every single day of my life. When I am willing to surrender to who I am for what I am where I am, I become the most beautiful butterfly with the biggest and brightest wings. Embracing my dreams and living as I am meant to live and love. As I am today. Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment