Wednesday 13 March 2013

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift


Who is in charge of my life? Who makes the decisions in my life? How did I get on the path I find myself on?
In Day 3 of the Deepak Chopra and Oprah 21 day meditation challenge, Deepak Chopra quoted from Einstein something so profound that I nearly stopped breathing because it resonated with me on such a deep and profound level. And what he said was this,
“The intuitive mind is a sacred gift. The rational mind is a faithful servant.”
He then went on to say we have created a society where we honour the servant and forget the gift. Wow. I instantly felt what he was saying at a very deep level. We honour the servant but forget the gift. A statement I was meant to hear because my whole being tingled when I heard it. Telling my mind, body and spirit to pay attention. To take heed. To understand.
We are so bombarded with outside influences on an instant and constant basis – the Internet, television, movies, computer games, etc, etc. We have become such a visually stimulated society that we give our intuitive voice very little time to be heard and acknowledged.
We are so busy being busy that we give ourselves so little time to go into the stillness. So little time to block out the external distractions and noise that we often can’t hear or feel  the gift of our intuitive minds because our rational minds have become so much more dominant. Our society is constantly telling us what we should do, what we should look like, what we should read, what we should anticipate and what we should believe. Creating for us images that are not sustainable nor pleasurable over the long term. Creating a falseness that destroys our core. Destroys our essence selves by placing us purely in the physical rather than in the spiritual. And the way our society does it is through creating fear and self loathing.
By making us believe the world is so dangerous. Showing us the conflict and strife in our world, the scarcity. Making us believe we are inadequate. Rather than showing us the abundance , the peace makers, the beauty that surrounds us every day. Instead we are bombarded with bad news. Putting us in flight mode rather than right mode so we use our rational minds to make decisions for us rather than the intuitive mind.
In order to come back to the questions I asked initially, who is in charge of my life? Who makes the decisions in my life? How do I find myself on this path? I know for sure after this meditation that 
only I am responsible for my life. Only I am to blame or to applaud for the choices I make. Either by listening to or going against my intuition. Either by being someone that feels good to me or trying to be someone that feels good to others. And knowing with each choice I make, my mind, body and spirit will respond by being in balance or by being totally out of balance.
To be balanced and live the life I am meant to live, I need to give myself time to shut off my rational mind every single day and focus on my intuitive mind. To bring my mind, body and spirit back into alignment I need to honour the gift of my intuitive mind and allow my rational mind to be the faithful servant it is meant to be.
Only then will my mind, body and spirit be in perfect sync. And only then will I feel content with the decisions I make, the choices I make and the path I take. Only then will I be free.
Because I will remember and respect that the intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. And I will live by the power of the natural order and flow of the Universe given to me at all times by the wisdom and direction of the third eye – my intuitive mind. Wow. What power I have when I go within and not without. Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment