Saturday 16 March 2013

Each one of us is a radiant being @Oprah


How many times have we looked in the mirrors and hated what we saw looking back at us. Chastising ourselves for the physical reflection of who we are so much that we end up hating our bodies which in turn translates to us hating ourselves. Hiding from the image of who we are. Hiding from the physical reflection of who we are. Shrinking away from the full life we are meant to be living.
I know I have done it from time to time. Angry. Disappointed with the image I see in the mirror. Wishing for the physical image of what I looked like as a teenager, twenty something year old. And I realize what happens when I do this. I end up feeding myself junk because I feel like junk. I end up eating chocolate and sweets because as Larry Trott asked me one day, “What sweet is missing in your life that you are filling yourself up with artificial sweet?” At first I was offended by his statement but when I reflected on it, I realized how true his question was. I was depriving myself of the sweetness that I have naturally within me because I did not like the way I looked so instead I was filling myself with junk stuff to try to fill the void.
Doing the 21 day Oprah and Deepak Chopra challenge today brought those concerns to the forefront of my mind when Oprah said, “Each one of us is a radiant being. Beautiful and perfect as we are created. Exactly as we are.” Powerful words.
If we step back and think about it, we each came here in the physical bodies we asked for. To learn the lessons we need to learn. And sometimes it means we have to be overweight, underweight, be paralyzed, have no legs, or arms, large breasts, small breasts, blind, deaf, serious illnesses, etc, etc. Because we chosen to learn that lesson and when we try to change what we asked to come here to learn, we find we frustrate ourselves because our bodies have a memory. And no matter how many deprivation diets we go on. No matter how many miracle doctors we go to to correct our problem, if that is not the lesson we came here to learn, we will find our bodies going back to where they are meant to be so we can learn the self love we asked for.
We need to start seeing ourselves as the sacred beings that we are. Created by something much larger than ourselves and live our lives as we feel from the depths of our hearts. When something is too difficult or we are struggling too much, it is not meant for us. So we have to learn to let it go. To surrender it and embrace with gratitude and love where we find ourselves.
What we need to do is change our programming. Change the internal messages we are sending ourselves to saying as Deepak Chopra says,
“I am whole. I am beautiful, I am perfect . Just as I am.”
Only then will we be able to create the feedback loops that send positive messages throughout our cells and body allowing us to embrace and acknowledge our flaws, nurture them. So they will feel better making us feel better because we have acknowledged them and fed them with love and gratitude in order for us to say with conviction and belief that,
“I am perfection. I am healthy. I am strong.” As I am where I am every single day of my life. And only then will be representative of the beauty that is within me when I embrace my physical flaws as they are for the joy, lessons and gifts they bring into my life every single day. Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment