Wednesday 20 March 2013

Spring has sprung


Today is the first day of spring. The Equinox. The time that is most representative of new beginnings and fresh starts. When the darkness of the winter officially gives way to the light. Allowing the rebirth of nature and the welcoming of spring.
Yet this morning I woke up to pouring rain. Dark skies and a hue of red far away. Causing me to question where spring was? Had it forgotten about us? Had it decided not to come? Where were the stars? Why weren't they out shining and twinkling to welcome in spring?  I walked away from the window feeling a bit down because the morning was not what I had envisioned for the first day of new beginnings. For the first day of spring.
And then I did my meditation with Oprah and Deepak Chopra. All about breathing for balance. About accepting that I am one with the breadth of life. Enabling me to consciously slow my breath and feel it flow through me. Feel it circulating throughout my body, mind and soul. Reconnecting me with spirit and all that is, was and ever will be. Repeating to myself the mantra So Hum which means I am.
Soon the darkness that had crept into my soul left me and was replaced with gratitude again. Gratitude for the rain to nourish the trees, flowers and plants. Grateful for the sustenance the rain provides. Grateful for waking up this morning. Grateful for the change in seasons.
Allowing me to be aware that the start of this day was to remind me to set expectations aside. To not be disappointed when the day and life do not turn out the way I was expecting. But rather to embrace the detour for what it is. Accepting I am being led in the direction I asked to be led when I agreed to come back to this physical plain. To let go of what I cannot control and surrender to what I can.
This morning was also to remind me just because there is darkness and rain, behind it is the sun and light. That if I am patient enough and surrender before I know it, the light will come , the rain will stop, the flowers will bloom, the bluebirds will return, the beginning of a new season has come. Because there is a time and place for everything. There is a season for everything. And to every ending there is a new beginning and to every beginning, an ending.
All in the Circle of Life. The breadth of life. I inhaled deeply three times. My spirit lifted. My soul connected back to the source infusing me with possibility, gratitude, love and adventure as my body tingled with joy of all that is, was and ever will be. Knowing I am one with the breath of life. Powerful, liberating and free as long as I remember to connect back to the breadth of life.
Welcome spring regardless of how you arrived. Your time is now. Your season has begun. Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment