Thursday 28 March 2013

Stop perfecting the same mistake


“Ladies, I have a guy as a housekeeper! His classic quote today in response to his polishing the windows with no success of removing the streaks is that "he will stop perfecting the same mistake"”.
A dear friend posted this message on her Facebook page yesterday and when I first read it, I laughed. At first I thought it was a lost in translation sort of statement. But it would not leave me so I copied it down and told her I may steal it from her and use it. As writers often do. Everything and everyone becomes a writer’s muse. So my friend and her male cleaner became mine.
Throughout the day yesterday, my friends’ post popped into my mind randomly. And the more I thought about this post, the more I realized just how profound my friend’s cleaner’s statement truly is. Just how awakening it is to my soul. And why it was resonating with me so much.
I realized the only lost in translation aspect of what the cleaner said was the lost in translation that is happening in my daily life. My failure to stop perfecting the mistakes I keep making all the time.
I found myself questioning throughout the day how much time we spend doing what we don’t want to do. Complaining that life is passing us by. Worried that we will never find our passion. How much time we spend doing the same thing over and over again wondering why we have not changed while others have.
My friend’s cleaner is brilliant beyond measure for stating a simple yet powerful fact, the only way we are ever going to change, get better at what we do, find what we want to do, have the courage to move on is when we stop perfecting the same mistakes. When we stop becoming expert at the very things we don’t want. Such a simple but powerful message and truth.
In order to embrace the unknown, in order to change our habits we have to stop doing what we don’t want to do because if we don’t, we become good at the very thing we don’t want to be good at because we don’t leave room for what we want. If we are practicing what we don’t want every single day, that practice shapes who we are. What we do the most is what we become. A simple illustration of how the law of attraction works.
When we keep telling the Universe we don’t want something that is exactly what we attract because the Universe only responds to what we practice the most. And it was the message, “he will stop perfecting the same mistake” that forced me to sit up and pay attention. To ask myself am I perfecting the same mistakes by continuing to do what does not serve me?
If my answer is yes then I need to change, to adjust, to start doing what I am meant to be doing so I can perfect what I want rather than perfect what I don’t want. Thank you Sharon Bailie for being my angel once again even though you are far away in Singapore. Namaste my friend and thanks again. In gratitude to the gifts and treasures of the Universe that come our way whenever we are open to receive them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment