Friday 15 March 2013

Remembering the power of choice on a special day


This morning I woke up with such love. Such peace. Such joy. It is the day my first born came into the world. My world. My husband’s world. Enlarging our family and our capacity for love.
I woke up with a warmth flowing through me as I remembered the day fourteen years ago when my son and I first met physically because I know we have always been connected spiritually. Remembering the wonder and fear I felt when our eyes met. Remembering the rush of feelings as clear as if it was today.
Marveling at how quickly those fourteen years have sped by. Yes my son is now 14 and I am still in awe of how quickly life has changed. How he has changed but at the core has remained the same. How we have changed but at the core remained the same .
Reflecting on how our family is a family of love and giving and it started with the love of my husband and me first. Building the foundation upon which a loving family could grow and flourish. And continues with each day that we make the choice to love instead of resist. To go with the flow rather than trying so hard to create an outcome. How we learn the power of choice to let in negativity or let go and allow space for positivity in our lives.
It is also the day that my mother in law was born some 86 year ago in cold and rainy Gateshead, England, a world far away from the world my son was born into fourteen years ago, in sunny Bermuda. I thought about their connection this morning. Spirits reconnecting some 72 years later. Continuing on a journey that started before the physical one began. And I smiled because their births, both on the Ides of March, are to remind me there are no coincidences in life. Everything that happens is meant to happen to help us on our journey called life.
As I was bursting with feelings of love, I sat down to do Day 5 of the 21 day meditation challenge with Oprah and Deepak Chopra and was overjoyed to find this quote, “Dwell on the beauty of life. Watch the stars, and see yourself running with them.” Marcus Aurelius. And I exhaled. Knowing the Universe is shining down on me and my family. Asking us to always see the beauty of life even when it is showing us its ugly side. To remember the stars are always there for us, bringing light to our darkest night.
Telling us as Ms. Oprah so eloquently said in the run up to the meditation, “In every moment, we have the power to choose our attitudes and reaction to every situation and person we encounter. With every experience we are painting our canvas. Thought by thought. Choice by choice.  When we approach our lives with a sense of openness, we begin to embrace that co creative power of mind and body and become more tuned to choices that nurture us physically, mentally, spiritually. ..So making the most nourishing choice is the both a practice and an opportunity for us to grow."
Powerful words on a wonderful day full of love for me. Helping me to remember the power of choice is the key to a healthy mind that creates a healthy body. And allows us the capacity to love unconditionally. As I do my husband, son, and daughter because I am learning from them the power of choice. The power of love.
What a beautiful lesson on the day of the birth of my mother-in-law and son. A day of love, joy, and a healthy mind and body. 
Happy birthday to my beautiful and handsome son. My young man. And to my mother-in-law, the woman who gave me my husband and father of my children. Filling my heart, soul, spirit and home with an ever changing and growing love. Fuelled by the power of choice. The power of love. Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment