Friday 1 February 2013

February 1 Embracing the Circle of Life


February 1. A new month. A new beginning. I woke up this morning with a heavy heart. Knowing my husband and his family are saying goodbye to the patriarch of their family. Sending him off to the next life.  Sad that my children and I are not there to honour Austin Duffy but grateful that my husband and his brother are there by their mother’s side to bid adieu to the man that co created them with their mother.Giving her the support she needs. Her two men by her side as she says goodbye to her man of sixty plus years.
Sending my husband the most loving and positive energy I can so he can deliver his dad’s eulogy with as much love, compassion and dignity as he can at a time when his heart is heavy. Asking the Universe to bless my mother-in-law so she can continue on and embrace this new phase of her life. Allowing her to open to whatever it is she remains on this Earth plain to do.
I ask that my father in law journeys onto the next life without fear. Without apprehension. That he too is blessed. Allowing him to take that cruise around the world in his ethereal and eternal form. And then I closed my eyes surrendering to all that is. Inhaling the present moment. Exhaling all that no longer serves me.
After I came out of my meditative state, I stood at the window listening to the howling wind. Watching the trees bending violently in the wind. Listening  to the sound of the rain beating against the ground. The result of a brewing storm.
I stared at the dark sky filled with red ominous hues. Signalling the weather may not be great for us here today in Bermuda . Apprehension snaking through me as the mood of the day seemed threatening. Frightening me at first. But then I breathed in the infinite energy of the Universe freeing me from the apprehension and heaviness.  Releasing all the fear and concern. And then I thought again about my husband and his family who as I am typing are sending off their father and I felt the Circle of Life flow through me.
Releasing me from the limitations of my human experience as a physical being allowing me to embrace the possibility of the Infinite Power. Knowing I am as much a part of the Infinite Power as the Infinite Power itself.
Allowing me to join in with the ceremony of endings occurring in Gateshead, England with my father-in-law, my mother-in-law, my husband, my husband’s brother and the extended Duffy and Barrett families despite being thousands of miles away. Knowing that spirit connects us wherever we are. No matter how far because as there is an ending, there is always a beginning. Infinite beings sharing an infinite experience.
The ominous red sky this morning. The howling of the wind. The beating of the rain. The ending of Austin Duffy as we knew him in his physical form. All coming together to show that life and death are as synonymous as morning and night, darkness and light, storms and calm, beginning and endings.
The rain is pouring down now washing away the sorrow and pain. Cleansing me of the fear of the unknown. The red sky like the blood that courses through our bodies to feed our cells keeping us alive. The wind howling to push away the darkness. Awakening me to the force of life that flows through us all wherever we are. Whoever we are. Now and forevermore. Amen.
Fly Austin. Fly. Or cruise whichever one suits you best. We love you. See you in the next life. Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment