Saturday 23 February 2013

Learning to be more discerning


I woke up this morning with the sun streaming through my windows. So I obviously woke up late. A luxury for me. Feeling rested and giving thanks to the Universe for all the blessings in my life. Asking it to help me to find the way to release the things and people that no longer serve me or my family so I can make room for all that is meant to be.
The sun streaming through my windows was a blessing. A blessing from the Universe because there have not been many mornings of late where there has been sunshine streaming through my windows. I felt such possibility. Such a desire to surrender all the things I do not understand, cannot understand until the time is right when their meaning will be revealed to me. When I have that AHA moment that says this is the reason why.
My heart and soul have been troubled of late about a development in my life. Troubled by how quickly we can invite trouble into our lives because we allow it in. And what I am learning from this experience is there comes a point in our lives when we must face whether the time has come to say good bye to what no longer makes sense. To close the door on the drama that was not meant to be in our lives and to leave it at the door where it is meant to be. And the harder it is to do, the more it needs to be done.
And the reason why we need to do so is because sometimes we grow in other directions to people and things that meant the world to us in the past but when we reach a crossroads about where we are travelling we must make a decision about what path to go down next. And if the weight of others is too heavy to bear than we just have to surrender them to the path they are meant to be on with love and appreciation for the time when they made sense in our lives.
Asking the Universe for guidance led me to the word discernment. It keeps coming into my mind. A word that first came to me when my son was a baby and the lady from The Nurse Practice described him as a very discerning individual. One who opens to those who feel right to him and closes to those who do not. Not closes his heart because closing our hearts is the worst we can do because when we do that we don’t leave room for any love to enter. All we invite in is fear. But closes himself to those who will zap his energy.
And then this morning as if in answer to my whispers to the Divine, I saw this quote by Gary Zukav on The Daily Love reposted by Mastin Kipp, “When you have an emotional reaction to what you see, you are judging. That is your signal that you have an issue inside of yourself - with yourself - not with the other person. If you react to evil, look inside yourself for the very thing that so agitates you, and you will find it. If it were not there, you will simply discern, act appropriately, and move on." 
Life and the Universe are telling me it is time to move on. To release attachment to people and things that no longer serve me or my family with love and respect and peace. Accepting we are walking two different paths now. Paths that no longer serve us both. 
It is time for me to become more discerning in my life. And to encourage my children to be so in theirs. To accept there will be people who will not and do not like us and that’s okay because everyone has the right to their feelings. But when those feelings begin to try to take away the essence of who we are, then it is time to let go. To be discerning. To act appropriately and to move on. So we can become who we are meant to be and they can become who they are meant to be. With love, light and compassion.  Namaste.


No comments:

Post a Comment