Saturday 9 February 2013

To the broken woman I do not know


There is a woman who I do not know
Who is broken
Who has been taken to the edge and beyond
Her heart shattered so much
She can scream no more
The pain so deep
Her voice has been taken
Silenced
Her son killed one week
Her husband the nest
My heart breaks for her
My insides feel her pain
As much as I can
No mother wants to bury her child
Ever
No matter the age
No matter how their lives turned out
The love between a mother and her children is unbreakable
Like the never ending circle
Joined from conception right through to death and beyond
This woman, who I do not know,
But share her pain with her
As if it was my own
Has been on my mind for the past few days
Since I read her story
Since I saw her face
Since I felt her pain
A pain so raw
A pain so honest
A pain so primal
So deep
Has touched a part of me
Because I do not comprehend the why of her pain
Knowing that there by the Grace of God go I
Her life could be mine
My life hers
Trying to understand the why
Thinking about no sooner had this woman said goodbye to her son
The Angel of Death visited her once again
This time to claim her husband
The other half of her life
Her heart
Her man who was helping to keep her strong
Helping her to heal from the loss of her son
But now he is gone too
Ripped away from her
Without mercy
It seems
There is a woman
A woman I do not know
Yet I do
Because her pain is a pain
That cuts through me like  a knife
A Universal pain
A Universal understanding
That grief spares no one
Grief comes and hangs onto our souls
Clouding out the sun
Burying us in doubt
Darkness
Questioning everything and everyone
Forcing us to ask why us
I know the pain of loss
But not to the extent of the woman I do not know
So I felt compelled to share her story
To write about her
To honour her
And her pain
So she will feel
Even if she does not know from where
The strength of womanhood
The power of sisterhood
The endurance of motherhood
Touching her soul
Helping her to know
She is not alone
Not abandoned by the Universe
Because there are those of us
Who hold her close to us
Willing her to heal
To come out of these double tragedies
Her prolonged and sudden darkness
Stronger
More understanding
More loved
Than she did before
To the woman I do not know
Whose pain is beyond anything she ever imagined
May she know the sisterhood
The womanhood
The motherhood
Are rooting for her
Sending her Universal strength
With love
With compassion
With peace
Feeding her through this time
So she will know she is not alone
Never alone
This post is dedicated to the woman I do not know who is stronger than she ever imagined because she has the Universe behind her, beside her, with her always. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment