Thursday 7 February 2013

Learning to learn


I am learning to not think too hard about situations. To not over analyze anything. To accept I am always where I need to be. Doing exactly what I am meant to be doing. I am learning to let go. To surrender. Daily. Without questions. As best I can.
I am learning to not judge anyone until I have walked in her shoes because it is often true that the very judgments we make are the actions we take. Meaning that when we condemn someone for something, often we end up doing the same thing. Perhaps not in the exact manner but often very similar to whatever we criticized or judged that person for.
I am learning to not seek revenge. To not hate. To not glory in someone’s darkness or demise. Instead I am learning  to forgive because I am learning there is no need to seek an eye for an eye because karma has a way of rightsizing everything. Of evening things out so that we can each experience the emotions and feelings of the other. I am learning to be patient and nonjudgmental as a result which allows space in my heart to forgive.
I am learning to be grateful for whoever comes into my life. For whomever departs my life because I recognize each one represents a part of me necessary for me to see and learn either from their presence or their absence.
I am learning that life is all about learning. Continuously. That I do not know it all. Cannot know it all. Will not know it all. Because I am a human being with flaws and limitations just as my fellow human beings are. Prone to make mistakes but hopefully to learn from them.
I am learning that the saying love is patient, love is kind is what helps me to shift from the negative comments I allow to stick with me rather than the multitude of positive comments I receive. I am learning to accept compliments without rebuke because I am learning I am worthy of them. I am learning that when I accept the compliments bestowed upon me, I help to make the person who complimented me to feel like they are giving me a gift. Lifting us both up in the process.
I am learning that once I close myself off from learning then I will become stagnant and bitter and fearful. So I am opening myself up to the Universe to learn. To be used. To be of service so that I am the love, the light and the miracle I was sent here to be.  As best I can. As often as I can. Accepting sometimes I won’t be because that’s my lesson as well.
I am learning to embrace the ups and downs of life. The good days and the bad. The days when I set out with the best intentions and accomplish nothing. I am learning to accept all things that happen, happen for a reason.
I am learning to love. To let go. To surrender. To not judge. To listen to my inner voice and to be all that I can be in order to be of service. Because I am learning that above all else, all we need in this life and the hereafter is love. Love is the cure for everything because it is everything. Embodies the essence of who we are and what we are. Without love, there is nothing but contempt, emptiness and distrust. I am learning to embrace the concept of , "In the absence of love, there is only fear". I know this to be true. Because when I feel love in my heart, surrender to the love in my soul, and embrace the love in my mind, all fear, worry and angst disappears. And for learning to learn, I am truly grateful.
 Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment